PDA

View Full Version : Purchase from CPO?

Glen Butler
03-24-2009, 8:48 AM
Has anyone purchased from CPO? Are they a reputable company? How is their customer service?

They have some good deals, but a couple hundred dollars is not worth the stress of dealing with a less than reputable company.

Bill White
03-24-2009, 9:26 AM
CPO?????
Huh?
Bill :confused:

Joe Fenwick
03-24-2009, 9:34 AM
I've purchased from the a couple of times with no problems.

Steve Sawyer
03-24-2009, 9:36 AM
I've purchased several items from CPO. A Delta air cleaner, a refurbished Delta Uniguard, and a refurb Bostitch nailer. Shipping costs are the lowest I've seen on items of this type. Customer service the one time I needed it (to return an item when I realized that there was a better option) was first-rate. A part was bad on the Uni-guard. They put me in touch with Delta service who promptly sent me a new component.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

FYI to see the entire range of CPO brands, go to http://www.cpooutlets.com which will link you to all the brand-specific divisions - CPODelta, CPOBosch etc.

Eric DeSilva
03-24-2009, 10:14 AM
+1

Ordered several things from them, mostly refurbs. Always been very happy with the product and service.

Brian Kent
03-24-2009, 10:19 AM
CPO Bosch refurbished jigsaw and sander - and I found no difference between them and new. I definitely would try them again, with confidence.

Brian

Steve Frederick
03-24-2009, 10:27 AM
Several P/C routers, A Jet Lathe, and Delta D/C. All of the deals were great!

Andrew Rogove
03-24-2009, 10:35 AM
ditto what others have said. I have made multiple purchases from them and their customer service was very good. I will buy from them again when the time comes.
Andrew

Mike Malott
03-24-2009, 10:37 AM
I've ordered a recon Bosch 1773AK concrete grinder and a recon point-of-use Bosch water heater from CPO.

Very satisfied with both!

Mike

Lance Norris
03-24-2009, 11:49 AM
I have purchased several reconditioned tools from CPO and all is good. I wouldnt hesitate to order from them again, and am thinking about ordering a Dewalt DW788 from them in the near future. I would recommend them.

glenn bradley
03-24-2009, 11:58 AM
No problems here. "Refurbed" unit looked brand new and has full warranty.

Joe Von Kaenel
03-24-2009, 12:40 PM
Glen,

I have purchased several items from CPO both new and refurb. Excellent tools and great customer service. I contacted Customer Service + the gentleman could give me a definite answer, he called me about 7PM at home to provide me with the help I required.

Joe

Kevin Godshall
03-24-2009, 12:42 PM
Has anyone purchased from CPO? Are they a reputable company? How is their customer service?

They have some good deals, but a couple hundred dollars is not worth the stress of dealing with a less than reputable company.

I just completed a deal with them for an orbital sander and corded drill. Both arrived in the mail with a few days of order.

After 1 week, the drill stopped working. I called up and was immediately set up with a return thru FedEx (with pickup at the house) and the replacement was immediately sent out. (Rec'd it the same day I sent the other back).

Would definitely do business with them again.

Paul Ryan
03-24-2009, 2:17 PM
I purchased a Jet mortiser from them last dec. It was shipped promptly and arrived in perfect condition. They were easy to deal with.

Dan Friedrichs
03-24-2009, 2:25 PM
I bought a router from them, but found that the price through their Amazon.com storefront was $10 cheaper than their website. So you might want to check that out before buying from their website.

Bob Persson
03-24-2009, 2:34 PM
I have purchased new and refurbed from them. Never any problems and the lowest shipping cost, just 20 bucks for a Jet DC-1200.

Steve Clardy
03-24-2009, 9:57 PM
Yes. Good company to deal with

Matt Meiser
03-24-2009, 10:08 PM
I've gotten a couple refurb Bosch tools from them and am very happy. I'm in the market for a new cordless drill and am seriously considering a refurb Makita or Bosch from them.

Steve Sawyer
03-24-2009, 11:02 PM
I've gotten a couple refurb Bosch tools from them and am very happy.

I kept waiting for the Bosch 1591 jigsaw to become available as a recon. I've coveted one of those ever since I played with Dave R's once. But once they became available, they're still priced at $150 for the recon, while you can get a new one from Amazon for the same price.

I'm guessing that this being their top-of-the-line jigsaw, we're unlikely to see a significant price break until something newer comes out. :(

Glen Butler
03-24-2009, 11:41 PM
Well I will definitely have to check them out in the future. I was thinking of getting one of those $2200 Powermatic Table Saws, but missed the window of opportunity. The link is no longer there.

Ray Dockrey
03-27-2009, 7:44 AM
My Dad ordered the DeWalt clipped head framing nailer reconditioned from them. They had it on sale for $119. He also ordered the Dewalt ROS for $49 also reconditioned. Ordered on Tuesday morning of this week, shipped that same day, and arrived on Thursday of this week. Shipping is free on orders of $129 or more. Both tools look brand new. Haven't had a chance to test them but hopefully we can do that this weekend.

Steve Sawyer
03-27-2009, 8:39 AM
Since the reconditioned tools have been mentioned so often in this thread, I thought that I'd pass this along.

I read somewhere that the term "reconditioned" should be placed in quotes. The vast majority of these items were purchased, and returned to the retailer in a non-salable condition, often simply because the packaging has been destroyed. The item may or may not have been used. Very occasionally there is some defect that requires repair, though those are a small fraction of the total offered as "reconditioned" or "refurbished". The majority are simply inspected and re-packaged.

Hence the observations by many of us that we can't distinguish a "refurb" from a new item.

Matt Meiser
03-27-2009, 8:56 AM
Yep. My Bosch hammer drill looked new other than "recon" being stamped on it. My Colt router didn't even have the stamp but did have a couple dirty finger prints on the aluminum.