PDA

View Full Version : Powermatic 66, Pass on or not

Mike Wellner
03-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Powermatic 66 with 5hp Baldor, 3450 RPM

What do I need to get this back in order?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/mikew13/4-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v122/mikew13/4.jpg

Jim Kountz
03-24-2009, 1:36 AM
Well some time and TLC besides whatever may be broken or needing replaced. I guess Im not clear on what you're asking??

Stan Johnsey
03-24-2009, 1:36 AM
Not a expert but you need to find out if it is a 3 phase or 1 phase motor. The extension table is missing, you can make one. The inspection panel is missing. Blade guard, power cord.

Mike Wellner
03-24-2009, 1:50 AM
If you look at the lower left bottom of the front, is there a chunk of metal missing or did they come that way at the bottom?

Chris Rosenberger
03-24-2009, 8:24 AM
As Stan stated, check on the motor phase. Check that the teeth on the height & angle castings are not broken. It is missing the back angle for the extension table & a dust door. As a bonus (if they are included) you are getting 2 Delta Unisaw table wings & legs for a Delta Unifence. Outside it looks like a good saw. If the internals are in good shape & the price is right, go for it.

Chip Lindley
03-24-2009, 9:00 AM
What THEY said Above!!

The saw looks PRETTY GOOD on the outside! But, for that cutout on the base, lower left front. I guess someone wanted to run the power cord under the saw. You could reverse the base to put this flaw at the back of the saw! The motor--3-phase/single-phase will be the deciding factor for you! Those Gould magnetic starters are Industrial! LightYears ahead of the dinky Chinese mag starters included on saws today!

To get it back in order?? The tabletop needs to be checked for cracks, dings, excessive rust pitting. Arbor bearings turn smoothly and quietly (or need replacing) Blade raises and tilts smoothly. The table wings need be reattached and aligned. A new power cord and plug. An extension table built the length of the fence rails. A pity that inspection door is missing!

BUT, these *metallic gold* PM66's are KEEPERS. MADE IN USA! If you can buy the saw for $750 you will be stealing it! GOOD LUCK!

Chris W Brown
03-24-2009, 9:06 AM
Mike is this an auction you have to bid on the saw? If you can buy the saw for around 1,000 or less it is a good deal. Most of the powermatic table saws are pretty solid saws usually nothing major wrong with them. Can you inspect the saw?

If you do decide to purchase the saw and you need any help or have any questions about parts, flatness electrical just give me a call.

Chris