PDA

View Full Version : Need Urgent Help with Versalaser Control Panel

Aaron Kao
03-24-2009, 12:33 AM
Hi all, I'm experiencing a problem with my control panel for a VL200. Whenever I send a job to print, the print job shows on the preview but it’s blank on the Control Panel. I'm using an advanced driver with a vista platform, even after reinstalling it, the problem persists. I'm wondering if any of you guys experienced this trouble before and if so, how did you rectify it?
It used to be solved easily by re-installing the driver but it doesn’t work anymore. Is it a wise choice to use a Win XP OS instead? Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
:)

Mike Null
03-24-2009, 7:35 AM
Aaron

Welcome to SMC.

Have you checked your cable? Disconnect and reconnect. Then check your ports to be sure you have the right one selected and it's working.

Scott Shepherd
03-24-2009, 8:37 AM
Not sure at all, but I'd check the engraving field size. Make sure your page size in Corel matches the Engraving Field Size in the UCP. That's one that gets me every now and again, and it'll show a blank page or the item will be off the page.

Eric Seest
03-24-2009, 9:21 AM
Aaron,
I have never had that problem but I have had problems with installing several drivers as I was trying to get one that worked good. The problem was that I did not get the drivers completely unistalled. ULS support sent me a file that had step by step instructions on how to unistall it completely, if you would like that file email me and I will send it your way.

Scott Shepherd
03-24-2009, 9:45 AM
Also, make sure you have the color turned on. If you are sending black over and the black is on "Skip" then it won't show up.

Mike Mackenzie
03-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Aaron,

When you installed the advanced driver you need to specify that it prints to the Versa one port. Check your port settings I think this is where the problem is.

Mike Garick
03-24-2009, 12:56 PM
This has happened to me before. This is what was happening to me...I would type in a name on coral and could see it on the screen...but when I sent it to the versa laser software it was gone.....My power setting was set to 0%. When you say print in coral....go to the setting right then and there and make sure your settings are at least 1% or better, then do the final print to sent to the printer. Should correct it.

Aaron Kao
03-25-2009, 11:42 AM
Hey guys, thanks so much for the response. I'm still in the midst of trying all measures suggested. There's a slight improvment - the vector image shows in the control panel but every different image I tried sending, it keeps showing the first one. The job number increases but the image seems stuck to the first one I sent.

Mike Mackenzie
03-25-2009, 11:51 AM
Try Purging the buffer, This is an odd situation.

Aaron Kao
03-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Hey Mike, what's the bufffer? You are not refering to the job cache are you?
Many thanks for replying.

Mike Mackenzie
03-25-2009, 12:07 PM
Yes, The folder option in the UCP

Aaron Kao
03-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Tried that a zillion times. Image remains there even when the job no. shows '0 of 0' Weird isn't it? I guess I'll try getting that file from Eric.....sigh:(

Mike Mackenzie
03-25-2009, 12:53 PM
Aaron,

Have you tried a different computer? at least this would eliminate one possibility.

I will see if I can locate the folders and where they are on the hard drive, maybe by going to those folders and deleting them at there source is the answer.

Mike Mackenzie
03-25-2009, 1:08 PM
Aaron,

Go Here and delete the contents of this folder.

c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\ULSVL

This is the storage folder for the print jobs dump everything in this folder restart the computer and see if this fixes the problem.

It may be slightly different due to Vista but the folder is created the same way in XP or Vista.

Aaron Kao
03-26-2009, 3:16 AM
Hey All!
I might have realised the root of the problem. During installing of the Corel X3, I failed to change the settings in the Corelapp.ini file from 'Fontrasterizer=1' to '0' because Notepad refused to allow me to overwrite the file. I ignored this. I guess that caused compatibility problems because a Vista 'Interactive services' note warned me of vector and raster settings being incompatible. This note pops out when I encountered the blank Control Panel. So what I did yesterday was to save it on desktop first before copy and pasting it back in the original folder. This works and the older file was replaced successfully.

Next I experienced a new problem. The vector image sent to print remains stuck in one image even when I sent different vector drawings to print. The queue job increases but the image remains stuck. Even after uninstalling and reinstalling the driver, it doesn't work. I searched the forum regarding uninstalling and found one of Mike Mckenzie';s older threads. Mike you wrote about how there is a proper sequence to follow for uninstalling and it worked for me. The image is no longer stuck and the control panel is working again. Just to re-cap and so all of us can learn from my problem, this was what Mike wrote regarding uninstalling.

1. Delete all queued jobs in the printer first.
2. Uninstall Versa software.
3. Remove safetly and un-plug USB cable.
4. Re-start.
5. Install the software.
6. Plug in the USB cable.
7. Re-start.
8. All these while the machine is off(of course) but the power plug is connected to your power point socket. (I didn't succeed when the plug is dis-connected. Worked when I plug into my power socket.)

I want to thank the people in this forum and those who contribute. I'm grateful for all your kindness!