PDA

View Full Version : Jet JTAS-10XL50-1PK

Bob Lloyd
03-23-2009, 6:01 PM
What would be a reasonable price to pay for a used 3 HP single phase Jet JTAS-10XL50-1PK cabinet saw? New price is $1800, currently used by a one man part time cabinet operation. Thanks for your input.

Myk Rian
03-23-2009, 6:16 PM
About half to start. Consider condition and go from there.

Chris Tsutsui
03-23-2009, 6:23 PM
Here's a stab at the pricing... I'm thinking CL pricing.

Like brand new, practically in mint condition with original blade, manual and everything that looks hardly used: $1600

Barely used with very slight scratches and but not that worn looking. From a picture standpoint it looks great, sell for: $1400

Used for a couple years, slight signs of some surface rust, scratches, a couple paint chips, dirty, still works fine: $1200

Missing manual and some small parts, worn looking, needs new blade. Obviously used for production but works ok: $1000.

Does not work, don't know why, might need new motor. Used and probably abused. $400

Jim Kountz
03-23-2009, 10:55 PM
Half is a good starting point as Myk stated. To me it would depend alot on the wear and tear if any that the saw has recieved. I paid $1300 for this exact saw used but I got a slew of extras like an outfeed roller table, a Delta overarm blade guard, a mobile base, a huge Delta sliding panel fixture, four phenolic inserts and a nice custom base under the table extention that the former owner had built. All in all it was a steal and a very nice saw I would recommend in a heartbeat. Its rock solid and very accurate.