PDA

View Full Version : Bench Dog Router Table - the plywood stand part

James Adinaro
03-23-2009, 1:23 PM
Not talking about the table here, just the stand, or the plywood table, or whatever. Does anyone have this, and if so, how sturdy is it?

I was thinking of getting one to go along with the cast iron top I'm about to order. I know I *CAN* put together a table of my own design (or Norm's, or whatever). It just seems a lot easier to go with this one, and it gets me easy drawers, etc, and that would allow me to get to work that much sooner. I just built myself a bench, so projects are stacking up.

But then I read the thread about 1/2 plywood for shop cabinets. I realized I would never use the 1/2 ply for cabinets. Then I realized that the Bench Dog cabinet *IS* 1/2 ply.

So again - if anyone has one, how sturdy is it?

And I had seriously considered waiting for the Quality Grinding table, but it's not ready yet. :(

Jeff Monson
03-23-2009, 3:22 PM
I have a bench dog table and cabinet, the cabinet is mdf on mine and it is very study, no complaints at all. The new cabinet is baltic birch which would be more durable IMO. I really like the new cast top and birch cabinet combo from bench dog, it is top notch.

Michael Roland
03-23-2009, 6:16 PM
I have the 40-074 cabinet and it is very sturdy but I would not describe it as rock solid.

PS I just checked my cainet and the BB plywood sides and BB plywood front brace are 3/4. The back, shelves, bottom, and dividers are MDF. My cabinet is about a year old and I'm not sure how the materials compare to the new 40-110 cabinet.