PDA

View Full Version : New Mag

W.C. Turner
07-21-2004, 6:09 PM
Just got an offer from Lightning Publications for 2 free issues of American Router mag. Anybody heard of this?

In the same mailing they offered books for sale, & even offered one free book, Furniture Projects W/the Router, you pay $5.95 shipping.

They also show a turning mag, called "Woodturning, The World's Leading Magazine For Woodturners". Is this a new turning mag, anybody subscribe? Expensive as magazines go, $59.95/12 issues.

Thanks,
W.C.

Mike McEniry
07-21-2004, 6:34 PM
I have a subscription to American Router Mag. (it just began publishing) and have received about 3 to 4 issues. I won't be renewing my membership from what I've seen so far...especially for the high price. Just my opinion but I just don't seem to learn much from their articles. Sorry to say, it's a no for me.

Mike :)

Greg Mann
07-21-2004, 6:47 PM
I haven't been particularly impressed either, and I am a compulsive reader.:o I hadn't subscribed and thought I might give them another issue or two to get their 'vision' worked out before I decided if I might subscribe. Unless it improves...

Greg

Brad Schmid
07-21-2004, 8:35 PM
Woodturning is not a new magazine (current issue is #138). It is out of England. As far as woodturning magazines go, it's probably one of the better ones. It's about $82/yr, so 59.95 isn't bad. It's interesting to me to see what turners are doing on the other side of the pond. I like the AAW journal (American Woodturner) to see what's happening on our side.

Cheers

Betsy Yocum
07-21-2004, 8:43 PM
I was given a subscription to American Router - but probably will not renew it. I did get some ideas from it - but not enough to get another subscription. I will admit that I will probably look at it on the magazine rack issue by issue to see if they have something that would pique my interest.

I also got the book offer - unless you want a TON of junk mail related to the offer - I'd stay clear. I'm paying for getting sucked into that one.

Betsy