PDA

View Full Version : Craftsman 221240 Table Saw Fence Rails - Need Input Please

Kyle Tucker
03-22-2009, 11:42 PM
Hello,

I am re-posting this thread due to my stupidity in my prior explaination, so I will try again....I am wanting to move the entire rail assembly to the right on this saw to increase the cutting capacity (from 31"). I am wondering if any of you who have this saw have done this, and how you modified, if at all, the tape measure on the rail to go along with this. Any info would help.

Thanks!

Kyle

Chris Padilla
03-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Take some pics of the setup, Kyle, and maybe those of us who do not have this particular saw can help you. I have no idea how the rails are attached to the saw.

scott spencer
03-23-2009, 12:47 PM
You don't have to move the entire system, and doing so will actually cause more complications.

Here's how I did mine.....Remove the switch, and the five bolts from the bottom of the front rail (I think it's 5, but I no longer have the saw to check)....slide only the front rail to the right by one bolt hole (~10"), and reattach the front rail tube using only 4 of the original bolts. Leave the front angle bracket and the rear rail untouched. You'll need to reattach the switch, and relocate the tape, as well as replace the extension table with something longer for the fence to slide on.

I am misunderstanding what you're asking?

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/hewood/RT/000_0236-1.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/hewood/RT/000_0252.jpg

Kyle Tucker
03-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Thanks Scott, and thanks for the pics you sent me of your saw. The biggest issue I was having was moving just the tube to the right, or moving both the front and back rails along with it. Your pictures and explaination was exactly what I was after! Thanks again!

Chris Padilla
03-24-2009, 11:02 AM
It would be nice if both of you could contribute to the thread so that folks searching for such an item in the future could find it useful.

Just a thought. :)