PDA

View Full Version : Kufo/Seco 15" sander

Neville Stewart
03-22-2009, 11:11 PM
I have 2 questions about a Seco(Kufo) open wide belt sander. One is its a 3 phase 7hp & I need to get a static convertor so wondering what you might suggest for that, and secondly I need to replace the spiral (drive)rubber roller inside, would anyone have any experience of removing/replacing this roller & whats involved. Its the roller on the right of second picture - TIA Neville

Rick Fisher
03-22-2009, 11:45 PM
There are companies that will re-do the rubber on the drum.

I removed the upper roller on my 15". Its a smaller machine than that but was pretty simple.

That is a nice looking machine.

I would call Kufo and ask for tech support. They are in California.

Neville Stewart
03-23-2009, 8:25 AM
Thanks, yes it is & even nicer by the fact that I helped the previous owner move in his new beast of a 36 inch & he gave the 15 to me. Needs a few dollars spent on it but still quite a gift eh?

Bruce Page
03-23-2009, 3:02 PM
You can find some good info here on both Rotary & Static converters. I have been running one of their static converters on my 2hp mill and my 5hp engine lathe for umpteen years and have never had a problem with them.

http://www.phase-a-matic.com

Rodney Anderson
04-05-2011, 8:55 PM
Neville;
this is quite late ..but if you still have that Seco sander I have the whole thing I'm parting out,motor and electronics already gone.This goes for anybody interested.

Rodney Anderson

Neville Stewart
04-05-2011, 11:12 PM
Hi Rodney, what I need is the spiral threaded rubber roller, I think its the lower one ( need to look at it again ) tx Neville