PDA

View Full Version : Bird gym plans

Jack Harper
03-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Hello - I know this may be a long shot, but does anyone by chance have any plans for a bird gym? Thanks.

Steve Clarkson
03-22-2009, 11:46 AM
Sorry Jack......my bird is an alcoholic, chain-smoking, coach potato that never makes it to the gym.

Bill Cunningham
03-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Try this!!
http://www.upstateguide.com/conures/

While I'm at it, heres a bunch of other free plans..
http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/resources/index.php?cat=404

Jack Harper
03-24-2009, 9:52 AM
Steve - Your too funny!

Bill - Thanks, I saw that one and may need to use it. Naturally, I was hoping for some nice vector art that I could just cut out and assemble. If I end up drawing one, I will post it for those of us crazy enough to have birds.

Angus Hines
03-24-2009, 10:27 AM
What about us that are crazy enough to have 6 birds. African Gray Sun Conure 2 Love Birds and a Lory.

I can sell your bird a membership to my gym.

Marc Myer
03-24-2009, 12:59 PM
Monster big blue and gold macaw AKA monkey with wings. I couldn't cage her if I tried. But a wooden cage would give her a great plaything to chew into toothpicks!

Jim Huston
03-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Hummmm - strange connection between lasers and birds -- mine is an African gray and is my best buddy!

Dan Hintz
03-25-2009, 11:01 AM
Mine (actually, my SO's) doesn't need a gym... at least in his mind. When he gets a wild feather up his rear, he lets you know it would be unwise to come into the cage. He'll sit there squawking up a storm, biting the metal cage like he's saying "You just WAIT until they let me out of here and THEN I'll show you who's boss!", tittering while staring you down, etc.

And he's a lovebird!

Of course, he won't come out of the cage on your hand... you have to leave the door open and walk away. Once he comes out of his own accord, THEN you can pick him up. While he sits on my shoulder he cleans behind my ears :)

Belinda Barfield
03-25-2009, 6:10 PM
Sorry Jack......my bird is an alcoholic, chain-smoking, coach potato that never makes it to the gym.

Just read my sig lines . . . can't offer any advice. What is it with you laser guys and birds?

Bill Cunningham
03-26-2009, 9:07 PM
Just read my sig lines . . . can't offer any advice. What is it with you laser guys and birds?

Hmmm ... My cat coughed up a feather the other day!! does that count? :D