PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Area Laser Engravers ??

Rick Haverstock
07-21-2004, 1:57 PM
Hi Everybody,

Should be a simple question. Looked through this forum and can't find the answer. Are there any Creekers in the Chicago area that do laser engraving. Failing that, is there any service that you would recommend ?? Thanks in advance.

Rick Haverstock

SteveKrim
07-21-2004, 1:59 PM
Hi Rick,

I am in the detroit area - what do you have in mind?

Steve

Aaron Koehl
07-21-2004, 2:13 PM
I'm not sure of a direct answer, but everyone does do shipping.

Keith Outten
07-21-2004, 3:19 PM
Rick,

Here is a list of SMC members who own or operate Laser Engravers;

Redge Henline - Arlington, Texas
Ken Nelsen - Las Vegas, Nevada
Mike Wallis - Unknown
SteveKrim - Romeo, Michigan
George Skinner - Charles Town, West Virginia
BobRacine - Centeral Virginia
Kathy Hassler - Walla Walla, Washington
Mark Dickens - Memphis, Tennesee
George M. Perzel - Rochester, New York
Keith Outten - Hayes, Virginia

If there is anyone who would like to be included in this listing please send me a private message with your contact message and I will create a new thread to make your information available to our members.

Rick Haverstock
07-21-2004, 6:35 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I actually went through the laser owners list and the membership roster before posing this question. This is so simple that it's really stupid. All I need is three initials (about 1/2" high) on a 8" x 10" raised walnut panel that will end up being a keepsake box lid. Could probably ship it, but am betting that the shipping would cost more than the engraving service. Thought that if I could find a local guy with or without Sawmill affiliations I would be home free. Should I re-post the question on the general forum ??

Rick Haverstock

SteveKrim
07-21-2004, 6:51 PM
Hi Rick,

Without trying to change your design (just putting ideas out there) - how about inlaid? A laser could cut the recessed area, then create the letters...

As far as shipping, first class mail is cheap. I have been making a bunch of "Crafted By" medallions for some guys and the postage is < 2.00 for 50 at a time... I would bet you could get the letters in a standard envelope. Btw - I am limited to about .25 in thickness, I have a 30 Watt laser...

Hope this helps,

Steve