PDA

View Full Version : Conover Workshops?

Charles McKinley
07-21-2004, 10:08 AM
Hello All,

Has anyone gone to Ernie Conover's school? If so what course did you take and what are your impressions?

The cost seems reasonable and it isn't too far from my home. I'm looking to take some hand tool calsses and maybe his router table fence and moulding making class.

www.conoverworkshops.com

Thanks

David Donnelly
07-21-2004, 10:28 AM
Chuck,

I have attended about 4 workshops at Conover's over the years. Most were pretty good and worth the price. Best was with Jewett covering finishes. Others were building a blanket chest, router uses and had-cut dovetails.

Charles McKinley
07-21-2004, 5:26 PM
Hi David,

Thank you for the reply. I think I will take the hand cut dovetail class in October.

Daniel Rabinovitz
07-22-2004, 12:07 PM
Charles
Relatives went to one one his classes concerning timber framing. They thought that it was very informatve and a good learning experience.
By the way as you travel along Route 422 turn south onto Route 534 and proceed about 2 miles to Doll Lumber. (Take a pick up truck). Katy and I were very impressed with their stock of lumber. (But all we were driving was an Explorer - rats!)
Daniel :D

Kurt Aebi
07-22-2004, 1:03 PM
Daniel,

I too applaud Doll Lumber. I stop there every time I visit my Uncle & Cousin in Parkman, up 534 the other way, towards Middlefield.

Excellent selection & Quality. I always return home with a pickup load.
I also check out the Craft Maid scrap bin (my cousin's son works there)

Scott Post
07-22-2004, 1:04 PM
I took a 2 day turning class and was very happy with it. In fact, I could have gone home after the first day and felt I got my money's worth. It's not a super equipped and staffed school like Marc Adams - it's just his barn, but he had enough lathes for everyone and he's an excellent teacher.