PDA

View Full Version : Brother in Law back from the War

Donnie Raines
07-21-2004, 9:26 AM
My bro-N-law just returned from a one year(15 months actually) tour of Afganistan. He is in the mountain division. Right now he is in Alaska were he is stationed, but will be returning the mainland soon for a visit. His time with the Army is up in 3 weeks. While in Afganistan he found out that his group would be heading to Iraq after a one month "break". He made the decision to re-enlist so that he could go with his team to Iraq.

Cant wait to see him, shake his hand, give him a hug and even throw back a few cold ones. The amount of pride I have can not be put into words. So I will stare him in the eye and tell him how much I appreciate his efforts.

Thanks for reading.

Greg Heppeard
07-21-2004, 9:30 AM
Give him my appreciation and admiration too! I know what he's going thru. I'm just too old to do it again.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-21-2004, 9:31 AM
Give him my respects too!!

Gary Whitt
07-21-2004, 9:51 AM
You can give him a big hug and thank you from me.

Kurt Aebi
07-21-2004, 12:08 PM
Donnie,

Make sure you give him a Freedom Pen to take with him. If you don't have one, I'll gladly send one to you for him.

We appreciate his service and hope him well and that god keeps a good watch on him while over there!

Michael Ballent
07-21-2004, 8:44 PM
Give him a big thank you from me as well. Folks like him are the ones that help make this country what is it is today!!!