PDA

View Full Version : Bessey K Body's

Josh Reid
03-20-2009, 9:06 AM
Im fixing to be in the need of some clamps and have been looking at the K Bodys. I have read where a lot of people will wait until they are on sale and stock up then. I just received an email where I can get, for example, a 24" 2pack for $59 plus shipping. Is that a good deal or will there be bigger sales in the future that I should wait for. I have enough small projects to keep me going with the clamps I already have but will need some better/bigger ones in the future. Thanks

Josh

Frank Drew
03-20-2009, 9:16 AM
Josh,

There will probably be sales and closeouts due to the economic slowdown, but I think the specific sales people here noted were due to dealers moving out the older versions of the K-body clamps as the new model was introduced a few months back.

Jim Kirkpatrick
03-20-2009, 9:21 AM
PS $30 a piece is a good fair price. I always jump on them when I see $25 or less. Good stuff.

Jim O'Dell
03-20-2009, 9:33 AM
Yeah, shame you weren't in the market back around Christmas. You might check your local Lowe's. Many of them were closing out the non Revo units for dirt cheap. None of my local stores had any of them. I bought 4-24" and 8-40" last December when Woodcraft was closing them out online. They were the old style, with the new style grips. Jim.

Jason White
03-20-2009, 9:36 AM
Lowe's was clearing out 24's, 40's and 50's awhile back for super cheap, which is when I stocked up. I'd check there first to see if there's anything left.

Also, Woodcraft (in the brick & mortar stores) has been having "unadvertised" sales on them. The store in Woburn, MA has them sitting in a trash can by the front door.

Jason

Im fixing to be in the need of some clamps and have been looking at the K Bodys. I have read where a lot of people will wait until they are on sale and stock up then. I just received an email where I can get, for example, a 24" 2pack for $59 plus shipping. Is that a good deal or will there be bigger sales in the future that I should wait for. I have enough small projects to keep me going with the clamps I already have but will need some better/bigger ones in the future. Thanks

Josh

Frank Drew
03-20-2009, 12:28 PM
The "old" model is a very fine clamp.

GERALD HARGROVE
03-20-2009, 12:43 PM
If you have a Woodcraft store close by, check in on Saturday afternoons. When they finish a class that requires the use of them, they will mark the used ones down, sometimes 20%.

Jack Ellis
03-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Also keep an eye out on Cragislist. About half the ones I own are recycled and most cost under $20.