PDA

View Full Version : Universal & Corel issue

Kevin Baker
03-20-2009, 7:02 AM
Hi Everyone!

I'm having an issue with either the Universal driver or my setup in Corel.

When I create a new Corel document and create text 10" wide X 5" tall, put it in the upper left and go and print it, in the unversal "preview" my text is now centered and reduced in size (the size is now 2.5 x 1).

Any ideals?

Thanks,
Kevin

Mike Null
03-20-2009, 7:08 AM
What size do you have your page set to?

I'm not familiar with your machine but it sounds like you have a pre-set plate size that your driver defaults to.

Steve Clarkson
03-20-2009, 9:06 AM
Have you tried to convert the text to curves before printing? May not solve your problem, but it may get you by for now.

bruce cain
03-20-2009, 9:22 AM
Have you double checked the image position and size setting in the lay-out settings?

Dan Hintz
03-20-2009, 9:41 AM
Kevin,

As Mike suggested, check you page size... it should be the same as your laser bed (24"x12" for the 3.50).

You shouldn't have to convert to curves when using Corel, as Steve suggested, but I know I do when using InkScape, so it may be worth a shot. So far, I have not found a logical reason for this being the case.

Make sure you don't have the rotary option selected in the control panel.

Make sure the image scaling is set to 1:1 (or something very close to it).

Kevin Baker
03-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks everyone for the help... Here's how it got fixed:

Under Tools: Options: Document: Page: Size... click on get page size from printer

Mine was set to 6.0 Wide and 3.0 Height

:)

Thanks again,
Kevin

Scott Shepherd
03-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Also, you can draw any page size you want in Corel. In the control panel for the laser, click on the "Engraving Field" Tab, then make the engraving field match your Corel page size.

Dan Hintz
03-20-2009, 2:20 PM
Also, you can draw any page size you want in Corel. In the control panel for the laser, click on the "Engraving Field" Tab, then make the engraving field match your Corel page size.
FYI, Kevin... this is the method you'll need to use should you install the rotary.