PDA

View Full Version : Jet Air Filter

Jack Roberts
03-19-2009, 10:59 PM
I bought a Jet air filter awhile back and it worked fine for awhile. Then one one day I went to turn it on and it was deader than a hammer, wont so anything. We had had some storms go through that week and I kind of expect a power surge from lightning may have got it. There is a circuit board in it that I suspect may be the problem. Has anyone else here had a problem with these ?

doug faist
03-19-2009, 11:23 PM
Jack - Same problem exactly. The Jet filter worked great for about 6 weeks, then one day, nothing. Reset, un-plugged and plugged back in, reset circuit breaker. Nothing.

We went on vacation for about 3 weeks and bingo!, worked just like new. No problems since.

Don't ask, I have no idea what happened. I checked all my surveillance (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=nbV&q=surveillance+devices&revid=752520467&ei=0wvDSdp51OCdB9bh_YYN&sa=X&oi=revisions_inline&resnum=0&ct=top-revision&cd=1)video for filter faeries and no luck.

Wish I had better news for you.

Doug

Jim Kilburg
03-25-2009, 8:54 PM
Yep, had the same thing happen. Fifty buck or so for a new circuit board and it has worked fine since. Jim

Eric Roberge
03-25-2009, 9:21 PM
Jim,
Where did you get that board? Just in case mine ever goes:eek:

Jim Kilburg
03-27-2009, 7:52 PM
If I remember correctly I got it through the Jet website. Seems like the board wasn't too expensive, but shipping was outrageous. Hope this helps, Jim

Ed Hazel
03-27-2009, 8:03 PM
Mine also smoked the circuit board I bypassed it and wired the motor direct, lost the multi speed and timer functions but it still works. I was not impressed with smoke billowing out of the exhaust not sure what would have happen if I was not in the shop and pulled the plug

Ben Franz
03-28-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm not sure how relevant this is to the topic but-

The last couple of days I've gone into the shop and found the filter running. To the best of my recollection, both time I had been using the filter with the timer function and had shut it off with the remote before the timer had expired.

Could be the unit, could be me (oldtimer's syndrome). Anyone else had this happen?