PDA

View Full Version : DeWalt planner problem

Terry Quiram
07-20-2004, 6:53 PM
I have the DeWalt 2 speed planner. I bought it in Feb but didn't use it much until last month when my stack of air dried Ash got ready to process. The speed selector is stuck in the middle. I can not move it in either direction. Has anyone else had this problem? What size hammer do I need to administer percusive maintainance?

Terry

Steve Clardy
07-20-2004, 6:59 PM
Hey Terry. Tell me what the instructions say about changing speeds. Is it supposed to be running when changing speeds or not?
My big griz will not change unless it is running.
Steve

John Miliunas
07-20-2004, 9:52 PM
Steve, in answer to your question,the machine HAS to be running to change the drive speeds.

Terry, if you are trying to change speeds while it's running, but still no go, the "tool" I'd probably grab is the *phone* and call Dewalt Customer Service! :) Let us know how it turns out. :cool:

Steve Clardy
07-20-2004, 10:51 PM
[QUOTE=John Miliunas]Steve, in answer to your question,the machine HAS to be running to change the drive speeds.

John. That's kinda what I thought, but not being a bumble bee owner, thought I would ask before I jumped in and STUBBED my brain.:rolleyes:
Could be such a thing as a chunk of wood in there plugging things up also.
Steve

Mark Valsi
07-21-2004, 11:53 AM
Terry !

MAN, THAT WAS A GREAT LINE . . .

"What size hammer do I need to administer percusive maintainance? "

Byron Trantham
07-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Terry, they're right. Turn the machine on and try to chagne the speed. I did this once and that fixed it. :rolleyes:

Terry Quiram
07-22-2004, 6:39 AM
The planner is now behaving as it should. The collective wisdom of this group once again saved the day. Turning on the unit and bumping the controll lever a couple of times has the selector working again. Thanks for your help.

Guess I better find a manual.

Terry