PDA

View Full Version : Bandsaw Infeed/Outfeed tables

Anthony Whitesell
03-19-2009, 9:57 AM
I have the G513X2 and when ripping medium length (3-4')stuff, I am starting to find it mind of awkward to support both pieces on the other side of the table. I tried to use a roller stand but can't quite get it close enough to the machine to help at the right time. It's about 6-8" too far away.

Has anyone made or considered making infeed and/or outfeed tables for their bandsaw?

Rye Crane
03-19-2009, 10:06 AM
Anthony,

I use Aigner equipment. They have brackets that mount on the side of the bandsaw table and the alumunium table connects with a kip lever. Easy to remove and I use these tables on my jointer/planer and also on
my table saw. You can find them at Martin-USA's web site or Simantechinc.com who also sells Aigner's safety products.

Good Luck,
Rye Crane

Chris Padilla
03-19-2009, 11:56 AM
Read my Tansu (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=92396) thread again, Anthony. :D

Chip Lindley
03-19-2009, 12:23 PM
The short version? "YES!"....

Prashun Patel
03-19-2009, 12:44 PM
I found it useful to make a ripping 'sled' out of a piece of mdf. It doesn't slide like a sled, but it completely supports the piece - more of a ripping 'platform'

Mine was 8" x 4ft x 3/4" thick. Notch it at midspan along one edge to fit around the blade appropriately. Clamp it to the table, and then support yr ends with saw horses or yr roller stands.

You lose a little fence height, so u might have to make an aux fence...

Anthony Whitesell
03-19-2009, 1:08 PM
I guess I'll mark that in the YES column, Chris. Unfortunately, I like the stock fence on the G513x2. It has worked well for me and all my cuts are straight.

I want to take a stab at resawing some of my father's "firewood" (he buys grapple loads of logs and only hardwood) to look for some free beauties. :D If a cut doesn't pan out, I just through the scrap into a bin and then into his firebox. No loss there. In addition, he is getting into turning and is thinking of asking me to resaw him some bowl blanks from the logs. The resaw log jig I saw and modified in sketchup will be 18-24" long to be able to accept a 24" long 12-14" diameter log. I thought it might get tippy and the start and the end so I got to wondering if I was the only one that had considered feed tables for the bandsaw. Apparently, I'm not alone.