PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new chuck??? A suggestion.

Hilel Salomon
03-19-2009, 7:59 AM
Just about every month someone writes asking for advice on a new chuck. While I think that Vicmarc, oneway, and then Supernova2 are good in that order, I have quite a few SN2's and am happy with them. Craft has a great deal on them. Please look at a post in the "deals" section. Lots of jaws and a great price. You can even sweeten the deal by buying a woodcraft insert for $6 instead of 22. They work fine.
If I didn't already have about 25 (at last count) chucks, I'd go get another one.
Luck, Hilel.

Ryan Baker
03-19-2009, 8:52 PM
Just about every month someone writes asking for advice on a new chuck. While I think that Vicmarc, oneway, and then Supernova2 are good in that order, I have quite a few SN2's and am happy with them. Craft has a great deal on them. Please look at a post in the "deals" section. Lots of jaws and a great price. You can even sweeten the deal by buying a woodcraft insert for $6 instead of 22. They work fine.
If I didn't already have about 25 (at last count) chucks, I'd go get another one.
Luck, Hilel.

25! Wow. I think you've even got Raffan beat there. Must be nice to not have to ever change jaws. But what do you do with all the extra sets of 50mm jaws? I have a few extra sets of those kicking around that should be good for something.

David Walser
03-19-2009, 9:50 PM
I was about to post a link, but CSUSA's all sold out.