PDA

View Full Version : Corel default save version

Dave Johnson29
03-18-2009, 7:37 PM
Hi All,

Having trouble narrowing this down in search on the creek. Also Google came up with some macros but I am wondering if their is a way to set the default Save version.

I use v10 to draw and v5 to burn. Problem is the v5 is out in the garage. I sometimes forget (hey I am old OK!) to click the drop-down an select v5.

That means I have to walk back into the house (garage 30 feet away) use the office desktop to Save As in v5 and then go back out. That gets tedious fast with stairs to climb. :(

George Brown
03-18-2009, 10:39 PM
Don't think is is possible. Played with some VBA, but nothing that you would want to use. Maybe a sticky note on your monitor? :D

Dave Johnson29
03-19-2009, 12:18 PM
Don't think is is possible. Played with some VBA, but nothing that you would want to use.

Thanks George,

I will try a couple of the macros I found. I was hoping there would be a native way within Corel.

Mike Null
03-19-2009, 12:33 PM
Dave

I thought we had a similar subject come up a few days ago where somebody wanted to convert a lot of files from one format to another. There was a solution offered but I can't seem to locate it.

Not to say it will do your conversion but it seems logical.

Mike Null
03-19-2009, 12:52 PM
Dave

At the bottom of the tool menu click on visual basic, then play, then file converter. I did not see an option which will let you save to an earlier version but you may be able to save to another format then open with v5.

At least it's worth experimenting with.

Dave Johnson29
03-19-2009, 1:56 PM
I thought we had a similar subject come up a few days ago where somebody wanted to convert a lot of files from one format to another. There was a solution offered but I can't seem to locate it.

Thanks Mike,

I thought so too and a search drew a blank for me.

I also remember seeing "Set the default save version" at the end of a tutorial somewhere online. Because I was not interested at the time I didn't bother to follow the link. :rolleyes: Now, of course I can't find it.

I will try the VB thing and may just write a macro for it. I have yet to try the two macros I found on the Google search yesterday, a bit busy with paying stuff right now. :)

Tony Lenkic
03-20-2009, 5:35 PM
Dave,

One thing you can do to save your self a trip back and forth is Network your computers to have a access to the hard drive on either computer. That way you can go to C drive on computer with X3 from one garage and open the file resave it to earlier version and you are good to go.

Dave Johnson29
03-20-2009, 9:53 PM
One thing you can do to save your self a trip back and forth is Network your computers to have a access to the hard drive on either computer.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the suggestion but I have been networking them for years, I even have a DOS 5 on one of the CNC machines on the network.

The problem is I often leave the file open on the PC in the house and Windows in the garage will not let me save with the other version still open.

It is then I have to make the walk of shame. :)