PDA

View Full Version : tracing paperr? corel? photoshop?

Devon Jones
03-18-2009, 5:44 PM
back in god i cant remember but when i was in school we had.... i swear it was corel and one of the first ver of a wiacom tablet and there was a thing where you could make a tracing paper over a pic in corel and use it as a guide line for whatever you were drawing. does anyone know if this is still around in photoshop or corel? thanks

Jacob Hebert
03-19-2009, 12:31 PM
back in god i cant remember but when i was in school we had.... i swear it was corel and one of the first ver of a wiacom tablet and there was a thing where you could make a tracing paper over a pic in corel and use it as a guide line for whatever you were drawing. does anyone know if this is still around in photoshop or corel? thanks

I know in Adobe Illustrator, there's an option where you can make a second layer, then change your original layer (by double-clicking it) to a "Template" layer.

In Corel, there is the Wireframe option, which you can then lock your artwork and trace over the top of it.

Hope this helps.

Doug Griffith
03-19-2009, 12:56 PM
In Photoshop or Illustrator, you can create a layer over the top of your active layer, lock it and then set transparency to somewhere around 20%. In PS, you can also use a channel more or less the same way.

Devon Jones
03-20-2009, 12:30 PM
thank you i found the program i was thinking about...... its called corel painter x. but i will be try'n the adobe ways first because i like adobe.