PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Corel versions

Dave Johnson29
03-18-2009, 4:49 PM
Hi All, I am thinking of getting X4. I already have Corel v10 installed but wondering if I get X4 will it stand alone and not interfere with v10. I have to use v10 as well as I need to save stuff in v5 format for my laser and the oldest Save As in X4 trial was v7.0 Anyone know if they will all coexist in harmony. Thanks.

Mike Null
03-18-2009, 4:55 PM
They will but I think it won't be too long before X5 is out. I haven't read anything about it but X4 has been out a couple of years.

Dan Hintz
03-18-2009, 5:22 PM
Speaking of, Mike... have you seen anything about an X5 (or whatever they choose to name it)? I'm still considering picking up a copy of CorelDraw, but I could probably wait until a new version comes out. So far, I've seen nothing, not even rumors, speculations, or even potential capabilities.

Oh, and I'm also curious to when the Intuos4 tablets are coming out :)

Mike Null
03-18-2009, 5:31 PM
No news yet but just about the time I get comfortable with one version a new on hits the street.

Dave Johnson29
03-18-2009, 6:01 PM
They will but I think it won't be too long before X5 is out. Thanks Mike, I will check their site and see if they have a free upgrade policy for following recent new releases.

Robert Ray
03-19-2009, 2:14 PM
I have Corel 11 and X4 installed on my XP computer and both work fine, although it don't seperate the X4 files from the Corel 11 files. I can open them all in X4, but only the Corel 11 and Corel 9 files I have with Corel 11.

The trick is to 'Right Click" "Open With", and choose which corel to open with.

I can do tracing and other stuff very quick in X4, but moving nodes is much easier in Corel 11 for me, so I use both versions, sometimes even on the same file by saving as an older version.

-Robert

Dave Johnson29
03-19-2009, 4:03 PM
I have Corel 11 and X4 installed on my XP computer and both work fine,

Thanks Robert, it is good to hear they will co-exist.