PDA

View Full Version : key hole trouble?

larry merlau
07-20-2004, 7:28 AM
i purchased a lock mechanism that needed to be mortised in and a keyhole excutchone(fat fingers and? spelling) the problem is when the lock is in its mortise i have just 3/16 of space for the brad which wasnt supplied to attach the keyhole cover. i mean finished surface of keyhole cover to inner surface of lock. any ideas, possibly a adhesive that would attach to a poly and wax surface to brass? thanks for any info that i receive. "without a doubt build it stout"

Greg Heppeard
07-20-2004, 9:40 AM
I haven't tried it before, but I think if you lightly scrape the finish under the keyhole cover, epoxy would probably work...if the cover has holes for the brads, you might want to glue them in too. I'd wait for more confirmation before doing this...it's just my idea and I could be wrong....

larry merlau
07-20-2004, 10:37 AM
I haven't tried it before, but I think if you lightly scrape the finish under the keyhole cover, epoxy would probably work...if the cover has holes for the brads, you might want to glue them in too. I'd wait for more confirmation before doing this...it's just my idea and I could be wrong....

thanks greg i will wait awhile and see if any more wisdom shows yup :)