PDA

View Full Version : Intro - A quick hello

Dave Lock
03-17-2009, 10:34 AM
Hi Guys,

Been looking around a few days and thought it time to say hello. So, Hello!!

My name is Dave, I'm in the UK and found the site via another forum. I've had my Chinese (Rabbit) CO2 6040 40W Laser for a few months now but only just getting into putting it to serious use. I have the machine in my garage at home.

Great site, a lot of experience here and a great place for us newbies to learn as we go.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

Dave.

Prashun Patel
03-17-2009, 11:07 AM
Welcome! Look forward to seeing some pics of yr work!

Phyllis Meyer
03-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Glad to have you here, good luck with your new machine and have fun with it!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Dave Russell Smith
03-17-2009, 3:04 PM
:) Welcome to the site and have fun, and be safe

Mike DeRegnaucourt
03-17-2009, 4:46 PM
Hi Dave!

Welcome! The folks here on SMC are incredible! I wonder if you live anywhere near Frank. He's da man when it comes to clipart...and awesome acrylic work! :D

Jacob Hebert
03-17-2009, 4:53 PM
Welcome to SMC Dave! Hope everything goes well for you here, I've learned a lot myself in just the little time since I've been a member. :D

Anthony Welch
03-17-2009, 5:08 PM
Glad to have ya here Dave. Have fun. Lot's of info and help here.

Anthony

Frank Corker
03-17-2009, 5:36 PM
Welcome to the Creek Dave you will find much here that will fill your brain with plenty of information.

Dave Lock
03-17-2009, 6:07 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome. Feel at home already.

I have a small family Gun Shop over here and one of the reasons I wanted/needed a CO2 Laser, apart from just wanting a new toy :p , was to offer a service personalizing gun stocks. I'm actually about to upgrade my machine for a 9060 as I'm struggling to get a gun stock on the bed without rotating images and engraving with the stock sticking out of the front of the machine.

It's early days yet but I am amazed how opportunity seems to just jump out at you.

I already have a 'small' contract to produce an Employee of the Month award for one of our DIY superstore's. Hopefully longer term, that may well develop into something bigger. It's a National Chain :)

I just had a job to do some 5" circular acrylic pieces and a 400mm diameter acrylic Logo for a local Tea/Coffee Merchant.

I have also had a couple of jobs for some competition trophies for a couple of local air rifle shooting clubs.

Welcome! Look forward to seeing some pics of yr work!

Hi Shawn, Nothing much image wise to show at the moment as I keep forgetting to photograph my work before it goes out.

I've put a link in my sig of a few images. Hope you like what I have so far.

Again thanks for the welcome, it's great being aboard.

Regards

Dave.