PDA

View Full Version : coupons for woodworkers

Larry Craft
03-17-2009, 12:49 AM
Does anyone else receive a packet of coupons titled Coupons for Woodworkers? They are mostly mailback cards from lots of different (and I thought reputable) companies. Every card lists a website to visit for more information. The website is pww.com. It is a gateway for every company advertising in the packet (about 50 companies).

I will endeavor to never again do business with any company advertising by this method!

Matt Day
03-17-2009, 8:40 AM
I think I've gotten them in shipments from Rockler. After the first time I opened it and flipped through, I simply throw them out. Simple as that and i don't hold a grudge - it's marketting.

Scott Loven
03-17-2009, 9:10 AM
Does anyone else receive a packet of coupons titled Coupons for Woodworkers? They are mostly mailback cards from lots of different (and I thought reputable) companies. Every card lists a website to visit for more information. The website is pww.com. It is a gateway for every company advertising in the packet (about 50 companies).

I will endeavor to never again do business with any company advertising by this method!
Why would you not want to buy from any of the advertisers in the packet, I dont understand.
Scott

Andy Pratt
03-17-2009, 1:57 PM
I seem to get the same thing about once every month or two. They are usually the same but once in while I take a look again to see what's new. Seems like 30% of the "coupons" are just ads with no deal, 50% are ads with a frequently common policy (free shipping etc) listed and the remaining 20% actually offer discounts you wouldn't normally see. I'll keep the latter around in a drawer in case I ever decide to order from that company or need that product. Saved me about $80 on some custom framing work (that weird thing where photo is transferred directly to MDF) I had to get done a year ago.

I don't consider the mailing annoying, it's one small envelope full of a bunch of products/services of a type I might be interested in (woodworking, yardwork, hand tools, power tools etc). There's always a few oddballs like mattress ads and dentists, but for the most part I find it way better than the rest of the junk mail I seem to get.

Andy

Paul Steiner
03-17-2009, 3:26 PM
I get those from time to time. Most are junk but I got a rockler and grizzly card last time so there are a few good companies in the mix.

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-17-2009, 5:06 PM
I have bought some of my best. longest lasting sanding disks from companies in the pack.

It takes 2-3 minutes at most to thumb through them before EL DUMPO, if there's nothing that currently interests me.

I like it better than the annoying phone calls from telemarketeers that can't even speak english!

Bruce