PDA

View Full Version : Dust Bee Gone

David Drickhamer
03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Anyone use the Dust Bee Gone dust mask? Is it better than paper masks? I have a Triton mask/filter but sometimes that's just too much. I was thinking of getting the Dust Bee Gone but wanted some opinions from someone that uses one.
Thanks
Dave

Bernie Weishapl
03-16-2009, 10:34 PM
David I don't know about that one but I am like you there are time when turning small stuff that I would like a different mask. I am looking at this one. I figure for the money I can't go to wrong.

http://www.vinceswoodnwonders.com/Totobobo%20Respiratory%20Mask.htm

Tom Wilson66
03-16-2009, 11:34 PM
I use this occasionally, when I don't want to get out the heavy stuff. It works all right, it's main advantage over the paper masks, IMO, is that you can rinse it out and use it for a long time without having to replace. the main disadvantage, for glasses wearers, is the same as the paper masks, always fogging up the glasses (if you don't get the wire over the nose properly adjusted and all the straps tight). Lately, I've been using the one that uses a snorkel mouthpiece and a round filter in front of the face. I think it works well, and can't fog up the glasses. Also easy to get on and off.

Chris Rae
03-17-2009, 12:32 AM
I have a Dust Bee Gone but don't like it much. Fogs up my glasses etc. A couple months ago I got this one: http://www.professionalequipment.com/north-safety-cfr-1-reusable-particulate-respirator-large-nor4200l/dust-masks/
I can breathe easily, it's easy to put on, and works perfect with my glasses. No fogging up the glasses or pushing them out of place so I can't see through the tri-focal. All the others I've tried I've ended up not wearing but I really like this one.
Chris

CW McClellan
03-17-2009, 1:24 AM
Fellers--Check this ladies sit out --A1 prices

Kyle Iwamoto
03-17-2009, 3:46 AM
I use the 3M organic painter's mask. It's fairly bulky, but I like it because it does not fog up my glasses and/or shield. Some others I tried did. Even those cheap disposable dust masks are better than nothing, but I would use the best filter that is comfortable. If it's uncomfortable and you don't use it, no matter how good it is, it does you no good sitting on your workbench.
Actually, having a bulky mask and a shield is good, because when/if a bowl flies loose and hits you in the shield, the mask takes the hit that your nose may have taken.

Alan Trout
03-17-2009, 10:09 AM
The one that Bernie shows is a favorite of a lot of the turners in our area. Our local turning club even sells them. However I have not used one yet. I will probably buy some to see how they work.

Alan

Burt Alcantara
03-17-2009, 1:26 PM
I use a regular 1/2 face series 7000 particulate mask and a similar one for organic vapors when using stinky finishes. I wouldn't use anything less then a 7000 particulate mask if I were to put anything on at all. Also, if I use a mask, the dust collector goes on.

Dust kills.

Burt