PDA

View Full Version : High Pressure Glue Injector

Bill Huber
03-16-2009, 10:00 PM
My daughter has a very nice glider rocker or what ever you call them.

There were 2 back supports that were loose and were really squeaky, very loudly and I got ask to fix it.

There was just no way I could see to take the chair apart very easily and I don't like that chair lock stuff it just never works for me.

So I got a High Pressure glue injector from Woodcraft.

I made a very little chisel out of an old screw drive and raised a small bit of wood at the point I needed to drill a 1/16 hole for the injector. Drilled the hole and pressed the injector into it. Pushed the plunger down and it worked like a champ....:D:D

The glue came out all around the top of the support, cleaned it up, press the little chip of wood back down and held it with blue tape. I did the same to both ends of both supports. You have to really really look to see were the chip was and the chair is solid as a rock.

Great little tool to have around the shop.

http://www.woodcraft.com/product.aspx?ProductID=12P01&FamilyID=345

Ken Fitzgerald
03-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Bill,

I found something similar at a local Ace Hardware. It appeared to use CA - superglue. Worked like a charm!

Bill Huber
03-16-2009, 10:46 PM
Bill,

I found something similar at a local Ace Hardware. It appeared to use CA - superglue. Worked like a charm!

This one you can put what ever glue you want in it. I use Titebond III on the chair.
You can get a larger tip for it also.