PDA

View Full Version : Simple Segmented Vase

Rick Huelsbeck
03-16-2009, 7:59 AM
The base is Purple Heart, then a row spanish cedar, several rows of Cherry and Cedar, King wood on top with Cherry. About 11" high by 5" at center. Finished with Tung Oil

curtis rosche
03-16-2009, 9:36 AM
nice colors and finish, odd form though, but to each their own

Steve Schlumpf
03-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Rick - very interesting piece! That's quite the combination of woods! Sure has some color! Great job on the joinery! Looking forward to seeing your next segmented form!

Malcolm Tibbetts
03-16-2009, 11:35 AM
Rick, I don't know your level of segmentation experience, but you've successfully assembled rings with good joinery. This is an important first required skill in order to produce quality segmented work. As Curtis mentioned, the form is a little non-traditional. Would you have created this form if you had turned this from a solid block of wood? I encourage you to pursue more segmented pieces. Have fun with it and good luck.

David Christopher
03-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Rick, I like your segmented form, I think you did an outstanding job on the joints and finish.

Bernie Weishapl
03-16-2009, 1:19 PM
Rick that is a interesting piece but with good looking joints and finish.

Kirk Miller
03-16-2009, 6:06 PM
Rick I think it looks nice. You did an awesome job on the joints for the piece. I havn't mustered the courage to try something like that yet. Keep it up.