PDA

View Full Version : Tool(s) gloat....Or wife gloat?

Chris Allen
03-15-2009, 9:28 PM
Well I figured I should finally have my own gloat thread. I'm not sure if this is more of a tool-gloat, or a wife-gloat. Woodworking is something I've wanted to do for a long time, and we're now in a good financial spot. Since the first of the year, I(we) have started buying tools.

Pictured, you can see a G0490 jointer , Ridgid planer, a Griz drill press, table saw w/ BD ProMax extension, and a G0514x2 bandsaw. The only regret I have is not getting a cabinet saw, so that, as well as dust collection are next on the list.

Not pictured: Dowelmax, Makita air-compressor, Milwaukee router, Makita Drill and impact, circ saw, chisels, Starret, brad nailer, etc, etc.

Anyways, here's to a great wife. I'm not trying to brag or anything....just gloat :D

Andrew Joiner
03-15-2009, 9:40 PM
Nice photos, which one is the wife?

Gary Max
03-15-2009, 9:47 PM
A good wife is harder to come by than a bandsaw-----go ahead and gloat.
I like bragging about my wife also.

Ryan Griffey
03-15-2009, 10:13 PM
I have the same table saw with the same router extension wing. I've been very pleased with mine thus far. I would recomend getting the aluminum insert for the router wing. It has the capacity for small and large router bits.

Bill Huber
03-15-2009, 10:28 PM
It all looks really good to me... Thank the wife and take her out to dinner.

That sander in the background is not junk either.

Don Bullock
03-15-2009, 10:56 PM

Bill beat me to my comment.:D Congratulations on the tools and the wife.;)

Chris Allen
03-16-2009, 11:27 AM

Thanks for the comments.

Bill,
I don't have a sander in the pic. Was that a joke that went over my head? If so, forgive me....it's monday :D

Bill Huber
03-16-2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks for the comments.

Bill,
I don't have a sander in the pic. Was that a joke that went over my head? If so, forgive me....it's monday :D

No it was not over your head it was over my head.....:D

It is a jointer in the background of that one image. I guess I had sander on my mind ( what little there is of it).

Chris Allen
03-16-2009, 11:37 AM
Gotcha. I was scratching my head on that one ;)

David Duke
03-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Congrats on the tools and the wife Chris.........nice to have a Creeker in the neighborhood.

Chris Tsutsui
03-16-2009, 1:36 PM
Congratulations on the financial comfort level.

This is something even the rich strive to achieve. :D

Stan Urbas
03-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Now fair's fair! If you have a tool gloat you post pictures of your tool. So I expect you to post a picture of your wife, if you're having a gloat!

Jarrod McGehee
03-17-2009, 12:36 AM
Yes, nice tools and it feels good to gloat. I just bought a new turning tool :D and Yes, you must be in pretty good financial condition. I bet it's nice. I'm a student but I'll be there eventually

Joe Von Kaenel
03-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Chris,

Nice tools. A great wife is a big plus. Mine has purchased a tablesaw and band saw for me. Just wants to keep me addicted to woodworking :D

Joe

Irwin Fletcher
03-17-2009, 1:43 PM
Nice setup! My shop is eerily similar--TS3650, G0586, G0513X2, Ridgid Planer.

Question about your router table extension. Did you have to drill/tap new holes, or did everything line up out of the box?

Chris Allen
03-17-2009, 1:56 PM
Nice setup! My shop is eerily similar--TS3650, G0586, G0513X2, Ridgid Planer.

Question about your router table extension. Did you have to drill/tap new holes, or did everything line up out of the box?
Irwin,
Great minds....you know the rest ;)

Everything lined up perfectly on the Promax. I couldn't recommend it enough. Great tool. Works great. Excellent quality. Can't go wrong. The only thing I want to change about it is to replace the phenolic plate with the aluminum one.

Irwin Fletcher
03-17-2009, 3:39 PM
Irwin,
Great minds....you know the rest ;)

Everything lined up perfectly on the Promax. I couldn't recommend it enough. Great tool. Works great. Excellent quality. Can't go wrong. The only thing I want to change about it is to replace the phenolic plate with the aluminum one.

Sweet. Thanks for the info.

My current router "table" is a 3/4" piece of MDF and a piece of 1/4" hardboard laminated together and set on top of a couple sawhorses, with a cutoff from a 2X4 clamped down as a fence. I think it's time for an upgrade, and I do have a birthday coming up... :D

Chip Lindley
03-17-2009, 4:07 PM
Behind every *nice-tool-owning-woodworker* stands a good and understanding wife.......OR ELSE he is DIVORCED or a BACHELOR!!

Bruce Page
03-17-2009, 6:39 PM
All that since the first of the year? :eek: You've been busy!

Congrats

Leigh Betsch
03-17-2009, 7:18 PM
Some advice from a guy that's been married since 1980 to the same woman, and has a shop full of Mini Max tools:
Don't let the wife know that you called her a gloat!

Chris Allen
03-17-2009, 9:14 PM
Some advice from a guy that's been married since 1980 to the same woman, and has a shop full of Mini Max tools:
Don't let the wife know that you called her a gloat!
Good advise for some. Strangely enough, my wife actually got a kick out of this thread. She also got a kick out of your comment :D