PDA

View Full Version : Weiser Workshop Part 1

David Weiser
03-15-2009, 7:56 PM
Well folks, we just got a new shipment of lumber in on Thursday and we finally moved it inside. (Those 16' 2x6's are heavy :p) Anyway, without further adieu, I present pictures. :D

The plan is to subdivide the building so that the small garage and man door side are the workshop. Also to add a balcony for hand tools and the such. More pictures to come when the work gets going, still have a lot of projects inside the house to do...

Bruce Page
03-15-2009, 8:03 PM
That's going to be a nice space with plenty of ceiling height!

David Christopher
03-15-2009, 8:10 PM
Man thats a nice shop

Dave Verstraete
03-15-2009, 8:12 PM
There's too many toys in your workshop!!! Load them on a semi and send to Michigan. :D

Great spot for a shop!

David Weiser
03-15-2009, 8:18 PM
There's too many toys in your workshop!!! Load them on a semi and send to Michigan. :D

Great spot for a shop!

You should see some of my neighbors! One guy has a fork lift and and a backhoe!

Dave Verstraete
03-15-2009, 8:20 PM
You should see some of my neighbors! One guy has a fork lift and and a backhoe!

That's it! I'm moving to Oregon! We don't have any jobs here, anyway!

Jason Beam
03-15-2009, 9:12 PM
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=113125&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1237161187

More bars in more places :P

David Weiser
03-15-2009, 11:03 PM
That's it! I'm moving to Oregon! We don't have any jobs here, anyway!

Well get out here! We would love to have you!

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=113125&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1237161187

More bars in more places :P

Ya know, I never noticed that until you said something!

David G Baker
03-15-2009, 11:19 PM
Hey David, got room for another Michigan David? :D I've changed my mind, it rains there too often, most of our rain falls as that white stuff. Guess I will stay in Michigan. I lived in California for too many years and I have heard the rumor that folks in Oregon don't care for California invaders even if the arrive by way of another state. :D I thought everyone owned a backhoe and a forklift. You ain't considered a man in my area of Michigan unless you have a bunch of heavy equipment or at least one John Deere.

David Weiser
03-15-2009, 11:57 PM
Hey David, got room for another Michigan David? :D I've changed my mind, it rains there too often, most of our rain falls as that white stuff. Guess I will stay in Michigan. I lived in California for too many years and I have heard the rumor that folks in Oregon don't care for California invaders even if the arrive by way of another state. :D I thought everyone owned a backhoe and a forklift. You ain't considered a man in my area of Michigan unless you have a bunch of heavy equipment or at least one John Deere.

Oh David, David. I live on the wrong side of the Cascades for the rain. Out here where I live in Central Oregon, all it does is snow when the precipitation falls. Well at least for the most part it does, 'cept for a few days once in a while like today. I was so mad that it was raining. Been playing golf for the school and I am not a big fan of the temp dropping and it snowing tonight!:mad:

Well, gotta get crackin on this homework, it isn't gonna do itself. Ah, I guess everyone on here would tell me to enjoy being young. In the words of my father, "Gettin' old sucks!"

Now I just gotta get him to start posting on here again! :D

Ben Franz
03-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Looking at that stack of lumber has my back aching already. I've done a lot of stick framing over the years and the wood keeps getting heavier and heavier :eek:. Almost makes me appreciate metal framing but it hasn't gotten that bad yet.

Your shop looks like it's going to be a winner. Keep us posted.

Dave Verstraete
03-16-2009, 5:17 PM
In the words of my father, "Gettin' old sucks!"

In the words of MY father...."The alternative to getting old is worse.":cool:

David Weiser
03-16-2009, 7:14 PM
I sure hope this shop turns out to be a winner, because I can tell that there will be a lot of effort put into it.

Ed Weiser
03-23-2009, 10:28 PM
You all need to careful how much of my son's enthusiasm you take to heart. This workshop has already taken a backseat to a HUGE "honeydo" list. No telling how long that will all take. Maybe my GRANDCHILDREN will finish it...

David Hostetler
03-23-2009, 11:05 PM
Well folks, we just got a new shipment of lumber in on Thursday and we finally moved it inside. (Those 16' 2x6's are heavy :p) Anyway, without further adieu, I present pictures. :D

The plan is to subdivide the building so that the small garage and man door side are the workshop. Also to add a balcony for hand tools and the such. More pictures to come when the work gets going, still have a lot of projects inside the house to do...

How's the job scene in the Bend / Redmond / Sisters area these days?

LOML isn't having any luck looking for work here, and I am getting sick of being a hurricane target and frying my tail off every summer...

(Although I would prefer living in the Valley, somewhere between Corvallis / Albany and Portland area... I-5 or bust man!)

BTW Nice space. That should make for a great shop on both sides, auto / truck repair on the high bay side... woodworking on the other...

Ken Garlock
03-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Oregon is a beautiful state for sure, but be cognizant of what you getting into.

It is the only state in the union that still has a state wide 55 mph speed limit. Interestingly, the state legislature has passed new limits increasing the limits into the 60s, but for some reason, ODOT hasn't implemented it.

You are not permitted to pump your own gasoline, it MUST be done by an attendant. Can you say higher gas prices? Of course you can go to an Indian reservation, and pump it yourself....

No sales tax, but a notable income tax.

Left over hippies from the 60s, both good and bad, your choice.

The state legislature is considering a bill to ban Pit Bull dogs from the state.

One of the 'back to nature' communities refuse to have their children vaccinated against childhood diseases. Poor kids....

Like WC Fields said, women are like elephants. They are nice to look at but I wouldn't want to own one. That is my take on Oregon. It is a beautiful place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. (I don't ski, and too many left wing crazies...)

Our son and family live in Redmond, and work in Bend.

PS, if I did decide to live in Oregon, it would be in Newport or Coos Bay.

David Weiser
03-26-2009, 1:47 PM
Oregon is a beautiful state for sure, but be cognizant of what you getting into.

It is the only state in the union that still has a state wide 55 mph speed limit. Interestingly, the state legislature has passed new limits increasing the limits into the 60s, but for some reason, ODOT hasn't implemented it.

You are not permitted to pump your own gasoline, it MUST be done by an attendant. Can you say higher gas prices? Of course you can go to an Indian reservation, and pump it yourself....

No sales tax, but a notable income tax.

Left over hippies from the 60s, both good and bad, your choice.

The state legislature is considering a bill to ban Pit Bull dogs from the state.

One of the 'back to nature' communities refuse to have their children vaccinated against childhood diseases. Poor kids....

Like WC Fields said, women are like elephants. They are nice to look at but I wouldn't want to own one. That is my take on Oregon. It is a beautiful place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. (I don't ski, and too many left wing crazies...)

Our son and family live in Redmond, and work in Bend.

PS, if I did decide to live in Oregon, it would be in Newport or Coos Bay.

I am not going to turn this into an argument to attempt to defend Oregon, but don't give people the wrong impression. I was just on I-5, and the speed limit is 65. Also gas prices are not higher here than other places. I paid 2.07 for regular the other day, and that is not much of an increase from where I used to live. Maybe .02 cents here or there.

And in response to my father.

You all need to careful how much of my son's enthusiasm you take to heart. This workshop has already taken a backseat to a HUGE "honeydo" list. No telling how long that will all take. Maybe my GRANDCHILDREN will finish it...

We are actually going to start here really soon. He just doesn't know that YET! Love ya dad! :D