PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Pen

michael gallagher
03-15-2009, 5:26 PM
If you look at this pen, there's really not much to it - just a simple Sierra Fisher of Men kit with a pink resin body I've had for a while. However, I gave this to a lady at my church who recently finished her last cancer treatment and just received a clean bill with a follow-up six months from now.

I posted this in order to encourage each of you to do something similar for your friends: let them know what they mean to you, especially before it may be "too late." If your experience has been like mine, it will strengthen your friendships when you let someone know they are special, especially during the down times - whether it be health-related, the stresses during today's crappy economy, etc. Who knows, it may help both of you out with a renewed outlook on life. To paraphrase an overused sentiment, that's "change" we can all live with.

Do a good turn!

Regards,

Michael

Steve Schlumpf
03-15-2009, 5:29 PM
Beautiful pen Michael! I am sure the recipient will cherish it! Very nice gesture to go out of your way to let others know they matter! Thanks for setting a great example!

Dewey Torres
03-15-2009, 5:41 PM
What a great way to use your talents!

David Christopher
03-15-2009, 6:15 PM
Great looking pen and for a great reason ...good job

Bernie Weishapl
03-15-2009, 6:29 PM
Beautiful pen and a beautiful gesture. Well done.

Ron Jones near Indy
03-15-2009, 7:42 PM
That's a beautiful pen given with a beautiful sentiment. Good for you!

Chris Barnett
03-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Have seen pen blanks available from crushed dollar bills. I was thinking of shreading some stock certificates and using then to make pens for the folks on wall street; the refills could have disappearing ink too :D.
Pink ivory makes a nice pen for the purpose you mention. Made a number of them last Christmas when PI was on sale at WC, and plan on a few more for the reason you cite.