PDA

View Full Version : New member awaiting a new epilog laser!

Chris Cooper(YorkUK)
03-15-2009, 8:31 AM
Hi All

I am Chris and have recently taken charge of the family business. My first step was to handle the demise in half of our trade (Construction industry!)
For this I decided to target more of the tourist trade the town I live in and to increase the variety of the products I can produce. So I chose to invest in a laser machine, after some searching found that the Epilog laser (Helix) was the one for me.

One of my suppliers pointed me in the direction of this forum as a handy place for information on laser machines,so here I am. I would like to think I could contribute as much as I learn but I already doubt thats possible and many thanks to those that post here already.

The new machine is been installed this Thursday and I would appreciate any starter info/tips you could give.

Frank Corker
03-15-2009, 9:09 AM
Hi Chris, firstly welcome to the Creek, from a fellow Brit. Everything you need to know about lasering is here in this forum, lot of different laser makes, all of which are worth reading. Read your manual, everything you need is in that. My suggestion as your first thing to do is start at the end of the laser forums and read your way to the front, everything not in your manual is probably here!

Good luck with your venture, you have bought a cracking machine to set you on your road, it's a slow process but with practice you will get better all the time. Edit your signature by clicking on 'Private Messages' then 'Edit Signature', add your laser and wattage. This will help everyone to post the best reply for your machine.

Mike Null
03-15-2009, 9:18 AM
Chris

Welcome to SMC and good luck on your new venture.

Scott Shepherd
03-15-2009, 9:22 AM
Welcome Chris! Glad to have you here.

Can we expect an uptick in Viking related products in our near future? :) I've been to York and really enjoyed seeing the place and learning about it's history. Well, I think I enjoyed it......the pints were tasty so I can't say I remember as much as I'd like to ;)

Welcome!

Vic Harris
03-15-2009, 2:30 PM
Welcome aboard!

Dave Russell Smith
03-15-2009, 3:24 PM
:D Welcome Chris,
From another Brit or should I say Ex-Brit who took the plunge and took flight from the UK a few years ago :D. I get my machine tomorrow its sitting lonely in some warehouse in town at the moment :( . I'm starting to get nervous and excited now, as I 've done all my Electrical and venting this weekend ready for it. Good luck with your new venture we are here to help especially the GURU "Frank"

Phyllis Meyer
03-15-2009, 5:46 PM
Chris,

Welcome to the creek, great folks here to help you along the way. Have fun reading, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

David Fairfield
03-15-2009, 5:53 PM
Welcome to the creek. New laser is exciting! Oh boy, did I do some dumb stuff with mine in the first few months. :D :eek: :D It was scary fun. Now its just fun.

Dave

Bill Cunningham
03-15-2009, 8:46 PM
I think like Dave above there, we ALL do some dumb stuff starting out, it's part of the learning curve..You won't truly be a Laserer (is that a word?) until you hear the first solid 'crunch' your machine makes when you have one of those 'head slapping' moments, and can't believe you just did what you actually did :eek: We all go through it, and the ones that say they didn't, ...are lying.... Have fun, 'save' the first little test job you do, put it away, and look at it a year from now..Just to remember everyone starts at the bottom..
Welcome to the forum, have fun.. make money..;)