PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Veneering

Rob Sack
03-14-2009, 12:53 PM
I am looking for some information on hammer veneering. Any suggestions?

Frank Drew
03-14-2009, 2:40 PM
I think Ernest Joyce's book goes into it; you could search for "veneering" on Amazon, as there are several books in print that would tell you all you need to know. I'm sure Fine Woodworking has also detailed it at some point; if you're a suscriber you could look online.

In fact, just Googling "hammer veneering" should get you started.

Steve Rozmiarek
03-14-2009, 2:50 PM
Rob, have you searched here? There have been some good discussions about it.

mike holden
03-14-2009, 4:56 PM
Google the Peabody Essex Museum.
There was a video on their site showing how hammer veneering was done. I believe it was Phil Lowe that did the veneering, but my memory may be faulty.
Mike

David DeCristoforo
03-14-2009, 5:00 PM
The best tutorial I know of is in Tage Frid's book. Taunton also has a pretty decent article on it but you have to be a "member" to access it. One thing I can tell you is that hammer veneering is like playing the violin... it really looks easy when you watch it being done. But it is not that easy so my advice can be given in one word: practice!

Jarrod McGehee
03-15-2009, 12:24 AM
I was just told about the site, www.joewoodworker.com by a fellow woodworker at the adult class at my high school today. He does a lot of veneering stuff and has some tips and techniques on different application methods. maybe try that.