PDA

View Full Version : Another "WOODY" day!!

Jeff Nicol
03-14-2009, 11:04 AM
It must be my lucky week! I just got home from my buddies house, he gave me a truck load of Black cherry and White pine! There are three nice burls in the mix, the big one is about 22" across and the other 2 much smaller but nice! I have been hauling and cutting wood so much that I am not turning enough! Got to get busy!!

Free si good!!!!

Jeff

Steve Schlumpf
03-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Congrats! Love turning cherry! Now go seal all that stuff so you can spend the rest of the day turning!

Burt Alcantara
03-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Good catch Jeff!

Wish I could get my hands on some cherry.

Burt

Jeff Nicol
03-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Good catch Jeff!

Wish I could get my hands on some cherry.

Burt
Burt, Send Me a PM and we can work something out! Would be glad to share!

Jeff

Ken Fitzgerald
03-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Congrats Jeff!

Jeff Nicol
03-14-2009, 12:41 PM
Congrats! Love turning cherry! Now go seal all that stuff so you can spend the rest of the day turning!
Steve, I am in for a minute with cherrry curls all over me!! My wife went to our daughters house in the twin cities, so not one to yell at me today!! I am going out in a minute and film a video to put on my website turning a NE bowl so check it out later today! It is a good thing I have 5gals of Anchorseal on hand! It smells good too!!

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff

alex carey
03-14-2009, 12:54 PM
another good haul! I have yet to turn cherry but the pictures I see it always looks good. Gratz

Bernie Weishapl
03-14-2009, 1:18 PM
Congrats on a great haul.

Leo Van Der Loo
03-14-2009, 3:03 PM
Nice haul Jeff, somebody already tell you, ;) YOU Suck :p
Very nice to have good friends anytime, but more so if they have free wood to give away :D, Congrats, and I know we will see some real nice turnings in just a while :)

Skip Spaulding
03-14-2009, 3:29 PM
Jeff, nice haul! I have my last cherry blank on the lathe ready to core, will probably end up with largest at 12 1/2"- 13", sure would like that 22" dia. you got! Friends and family love the cherry but here in VT, the maple is a little easier to get. Enjoy!

Jeff Nicol
03-14-2009, 7:05 PM
Well I have been told the "You Suck" before Leo and I love it everytime! I did a little roughing and wore my tore up shoulders out! I can't hardly type right now! But once I got started I had to keep at it until my arms gave out! A couple NE bowls, a couple other bowls and one HF. Have to go get a truck load of sugar maple and ash tomorrow from my cousins place. The loggers are done until August so I will get more then they have not gotten to the big burls yet but then I will have some beauties!

A turners day never ends...........................I think I fell asleep ZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

Jeff

Jarrod McGehee
03-14-2009, 11:14 PM
Not a bad haul Jeff. I wish something more than eucalyptus and palm trees grew in San Diego :mad:

alex carey
03-15-2009, 4:17 AM
Nice...all in one day, that is impressive.

Bill Mitchel
03-15-2009, 11:02 AM
I hope thats red paint on your lathe:D

Eugene Wigley
03-15-2009, 3:52 PM
That is a great wood score Jeff. I know you will enjoy turning it. Looks like you got a good start on it with the bowls and hollow form. Have fun.