PDA

View Full Version : White Wash Pine

Rick Lucrezi
03-13-2009, 10:12 PM
I could use tips on white washing pine. Wife wants the pine trim in the bathrooms to be white but wants to be able to see the grain. I have plenty Shellac, and I heard that is the only way to stop the pitch from bleeding through. I'm not sure what the steps are. Any help would be great.

Greg Johnson
03-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Rick,
I used a pickling stain on our bedroom. It came out great. I planed down some knotty pine T&G paneling that was from our old cabin (painted) and used it as the background on some raised panel wainscotting. I put on two coats of some white pickling stain. It really is a nice touch. Not too durable, but for a low traffic area it looks great. I can post pics if interested.

Greg

Rick Lucrezi
03-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Rick,
I used a pickling stain on our bedroom. It came out great. I planed down some knotty pine T&G paneling that was from our old cabin (painted) and used it as the background on some raised panel wainscotting. I put on two coats of some white pickling stain. It really is a nice touch. Not too durable, but for a low traffic area it looks great. I can post pics if interested.

Greg

Love to see them

Greg Johnson
03-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Rick,
Don't look too close... you'll see my mulligans:o. We wanted a rustic look and got it. Actually the picture does not do it justice.

Greg

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv3/Skunkbayweather/Whitewash-1.jpg?t=1237050180

Rick Lucrezi
03-14-2009, 8:46 PM
I like it. Im taking a break freom sanding floors. Gonna start the white wash when the floors are done.