PDA

View Full Version : Duck Calls

Tim Boger
03-13-2009, 7:02 PM
I'm giving some thought to turning Duck Calls but I'm not sure where to start.

Any advice regarding where to buy the best kits and stuff I'd need?

Thanks,

Tim

Gary Max
03-13-2009, 7:15 PM
I am getting out of making duck calls-----this could work out well.:D

Tim Boger
03-13-2009, 9:46 PM
Thanks Gary, appreciate the call and info.

Going to continue doing some research on this.

I hope to gather some more good advice from others here as well.

Tim

Don Carter
03-13-2009, 9:53 PM
Tom:
I have made several calls both duck and deer. Are you planning to make the calls for sale or as a hobby? I got my kits from Hut Industries. I like the deer calls better. Have you gotten any books on call making?

All the best.

Don

Tim Boger
03-14-2009, 5:21 AM
Tom:
I have made several calls both duck and deer. Are you planning to make the calls for sale or as a hobby? I got my kits from Hut Industries. I like the deer calls better. Have you gotten any books on call making?

All the best.

Don

Good Morning Don,

My intent is to sell a few Duck Calls, a fellow I work with is big into hunting. All the turning I do is as a hobby and occasionally I get lucky and sell something.

I have not purchased a book yet, I have noticed to same title coming up as I search around. I'll be looking to get a copy here pretty quick.

Have you been satisfied with Hut's products?

Thanks .... Tim

Don Carter
03-14-2009, 12:09 PM
Tim:
My big problem is that I am not a duck hunter. I made the mistake of making one for my barber who in turn told everyone about it. The pro call makers make their own sound board and reeds. I have been pleased with the call kits from Hut but I am no expert on the sounds that they make. I do like the sound of their deer grunt calls.
The book that I got is: Turning Custom Duck and Game Calls by Ed Glenn & Greg Keats.

All the best.

Don