PDA

View Full Version : well tuesday is drawing closer........

Chris Rolke
07-18-2004, 7:18 PM
On tuesday i will be going in for surgery. i will be having my tonsils, having some of the top of my tongue removed and the palate(roof of the mouth) the procedure is called uvulopalatoplasty
so i will be down for probably 2+weeks ( that means no turning:( i wont know what to do)

Jim Becker
07-18-2004, 8:00 PM
"Ouch"!! Doesn't sound like fun at all, Chris, but I hope your recovery is swift and sure. Keep us posted.

John Miliunas
07-18-2004, 8:08 PM
NO! That certainly does NOT sound like any fun, whatsoever! :eek: Don't worry about the turning, for now...Just get better, OK?! :cool:

Carl Eyman
07-18-2004, 8:16 PM
It has been nearly 80 years since I had my tonsils removed. But I actually can remember the advice I was given. "Don't worry, you'll be able to eat all the ice cream you want after the operation". Make sure they have your favorite flavor on hand. Good luck, and our thoughts are with you.

Tyler Howell
07-18-2004, 9:07 PM
Hey Chris.

Sounds like you will be sleeping better and all the folks around you too????;)
Some of that is usually for sleep apnia and snoring! I had something simular, to keep my crew from throughing me in the drink at 2 in the morning. Handing out ear plugs as they came on board didn't cut it any more. It works and I rest much better:cool:
Good luck and a speady recovery.

Chris Rolke
07-18-2004, 9:22 PM
thanks for the thoughts guys

(i will be a little later delivering my freedom pens )

now that i have 259 sponsored and 120 shipped

Ken Fitzgerald
07-18-2004, 9:32 PM
Here's hoping for a speedy recovery! You're in my thoughts and prayers!

Martin Shupe
07-19-2004, 1:31 AM
Chris,

I had my tonsils out when I was 25. If you can find the old Bill Cosby routine about the experience, he is 100% correct. They promise you all the ice cream you can eat, but then you really don't want any afterwords, at least not the first couple of hours. Also, I recommend shakes or malts when you feel up to it. They say it is easier when you are a little kid, and I believe them. Good luck with the surgery and we will all be thinking of you.