PDA

View Full Version : Brass yard stick

Jay Jolliffe
03-13-2009, 5:23 AM
The house I'm working on is going to have a sewing table made from Mahogany. They want to inlay a brass measuring strip. Any one here ever make one or want to make one.

Keith Outten
03-13-2009, 7:36 AM
Jay,

I haven't engraved brass but I expect it can be done. Another option that might be a more durable solution may be to have the brass yard stick made on a CNC machine. Check with the people in our CNC Forum to see if anyone is interested.

Conrad Fiore
03-13-2009, 8:42 AM
Send me the specs. Not a problem to mechanical engrave.

Conrad Fiore
Precision Engraving II, Inc.
East Hanover, NJ

Conrad Fiore
03-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Jay,
Attached is a photo of some samples we have. Sorry I don't have any brass samples on hand, but I think you can get the idea.

Dave Johnson29
03-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Check with the people in our CNC Forum to see if anyone is interested.

Hey Keith,

Charity begins at home! :D

There are a few guys on this group who have CNC metalworking equipment as well as lasers.

Dan Hintz
03-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Might be faster an/or cheaper to just purchasea pre-made one... does Lee Valley have something like this in their catalog?

Keith Outten
03-13-2009, 1:20 PM
Hey Keith,

Charity begins at home! :D

There are a few guys on this group who have CNC metalworking equipment as well as lasers.

Sorry Dave, I didn't mean to take anything away from the Engravers Group. If you own a CNC machine you must belong to our CNC Forum...don't you?

It's all home to me, you understand :)

Dave Johnson29
03-13-2009, 1:56 PM
If you own a CNC machine you must belong to our CNC Forum...don't you?

:D 'sOk Keith,

Just kidding a bit. I wish I only owned a CNC machine I have 7 of them. Lathes, mills, routers. As my Sig line says, if I don't have it I can build it. I have 11 tons of machinery here, a real millstone around my neck if I want to move.

Nope, not a member on the CNC forum, been doing that for 15+ years and tired of it all. I like my new toy, the laser. I did need the CNCs to rebuild the laser though. ;)