PDA

View Full Version : Tip O the day

Steve Rozmiarek
03-12-2009, 11:04 PM
From the village idiot of the day,

READ YOUR MANUALS!!! Why? Cause then you'd know its a bad idea to run a 315mm crosscut blade and a 100mm scoring blade at the same time in your Felder CF741, without needing to spend $105.90 plus $183.90 to replace the blades that ruined all of their carbide in the contact! As the manual says, 300mm only with the scoring unit active!

BTW, the 315mm blade clears the scoring blade just fine until you raise it all the way through your new zero clearance insert, then you get a wierd noise...

Aaron Berk
03-12-2009, 11:32 PM
OUCH:eek:
I don't have a table saw with a scoring blade, but I can imagine the pain you felt the moment you heard the noise. I'm willing to bet you knew exactly what that noise was too.

Steve Rozmiarek
03-13-2009, 12:11 AM
You know Aaron, it didn't even register what had occured last night when I did it. This afternoon I was on the horn with Felder about something else, and I noticed the sorry shape of the scoring blade. Cutting the insert was the last thing I did with the saw last night, and I the blade going through a new zero clearance always sounds funny, I think. The blades run oposite of each other, so they met just like poorly meshed gears might. Of course the scoring blade is running at 10,000 rpm, and I had the crosscut at about 4,500rpm, so they did not mesh nicely. Live and learn I guess.