PDA

View Full Version : I got my Jointmaker Pro Today

George Beck
03-12-2009, 3:06 PM
Well it finally arrived! I got my Bridge City JointMaker Pro. I purchased the unassembled model, so I will be putting it together and building a custom stand. I will keep you posted.

George

Joe Hardesty
03-12-2009, 3:27 PM
George,

I have been fascinated with this tool ever since I say the youtube video.

Looking forward to your experience with getting it setup and working.

Dave Lehnert
03-12-2009, 3:55 PM
Keep us up to date.

I got to play with one at the Popular Woodworking shop. Very interesting tool.

Shawn Honeychurch
03-12-2009, 4:46 PM
WOW;

A hand saw worth 3 times what I payed for my table saw, that is amazing. In fact I think that's about what it cost to outfit my whole shop. :eek:

Enjoy.

Shawn

Gary Herrmann
03-12-2009, 7:16 PM
Nope, nope. Didn't happen. We need pics.

David Christopher
03-12-2009, 7:40 PM
Nope, nope. Didn't happen. We need pics.

agreed no pics no toy

Jeremy Williams
03-12-2009, 7:41 PM
WOW;

A hand saw worth 3 times what I payed for my table saw, that is amazing. In fact I think that's about what it cost to outfit my whole shop. :eek:

Come on now ... the WHOLE shop ... or just your blade collection? ;)

Honestly, I have not used one but the video is neat. Would be neat to try out, maybe one of these days I can find one closer to my budget used.

Enjoy it and please do tell us ALL about it!

Justin Green
03-12-2009, 7:50 PM
Does it have a dado version?

Brent Smith
03-12-2009, 8:26 PM
Congrats George.... I'm patiently waiting for mine to leave BCTW on it's way here.

Doug Shepard
03-12-2009, 8:31 PM
Got mine Tuesday. I'm crossing my fingers that I can get some assembly time in tomorrow.

Roger Savatteri
03-12-2009, 11:40 PM
For those that received already their Jointmaker Pro or those about to receive it, here are two new installation videos that are residing within the BCTW's forum........

JMP Square the Blade to the Tables.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdE3zGRQevY

and,

JMP Install Sliders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU8-IYILEgM

cheers,
Roger

Dewey Torres
03-13-2009, 12:18 AM
Ok guys...pics and a review already:rolleyes:

Quite a pricey gadget so we want to see and hear what you have to say please:)

Roger Savatteri
03-13-2009, 10:24 PM
To George, Brent and any others,

Don't forget to clean your blade after every several cuts of the sawdust that falls back between those two rows of teeth on the crosscut blade.

Remember with the JMP you have gravity working against you in this instance, since the blade is facing up.

When I was up in Portland, (demo-ing the JMP) - as John was cutting he would take his thumb and forefinger,

and just go down the blade, hmm.... sniping upward - removing the saw dust.

You get used to it after a while.

You'll definitely go through a reprograming using this device.

cheers,

Roger

Brent Smith
03-14-2009, 5:27 AM
Thanks for the tip Roger.

George Beck
04-08-2009, 4:18 PM
I have put my Jointmaker Pro into service. I got this wacky idea in my head, that since it is a hand tool, it needed a a hand made stand. Here is my stand solution: all surfaces( except the mdf) are hand planned and the mortises are hand cut and chopped ( which about drove me nuts because the legs cant at 5 degrees top to bottom and back to front and top slants at 12 degrees). The stand is really very firm and doesn't move which is very important. The mortises are pegged.

George

Jim Kountz
04-08-2009, 4:56 PM
This thing has my attention, looking forward to hearing some reviews from you guys that own one.

Doug Shepard
04-08-2009, 5:21 PM
Very nice. Wish I had room to keep mine on a separate stand. I need to rig up a sloped surface that I can drop into my bench dog holes when I'm using it. Did you do any of the stand cuts witrh the JMP?

George Beck
04-08-2009, 5:31 PM
Thanks guys. Yes I used the JMP to cut the tenon cheeks. Really neat to be able to hold the work like on a table saw and cut a smooth cheek. I cut the rest of the tenon with a hand saw, actually a bridge city dozuki.

George