PDA

View Full Version : finally

curtis rosche
03-12-2009, 8:30 AM
i get to go get my permit today, yipee!:D:p:eek::) should be easy.

Scott Donley
03-12-2009, 9:58 AM
Thanks for the warning ! :D

Good luck:)

Heather Thompson
03-12-2009, 10:01 AM
Permit for what ?

Should I duck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Schlumpf
03-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Best of luck on the exams!

curtis rosche
03-12-2009, 11:22 AM
hunting liscence was last year heather.

i passed perfect, no questions wrong, but i couldnt beleive how many people there couldnt speak english

Matt Bickford
03-12-2009, 12:21 PM
You wrote "...i couldnt beleive how many people there couldnt speak english".

You have at least 11 grammatical errors and spelled 2 words incorrectly in what you're trying to pass as two sentences.

Rick Moyer
03-12-2009, 6:29 PM

You have at least 11 grammatical errors and spelled 2 words incorrectly in what you're trying to pass as two sentences.

That's pretty funny. I HOPE you meant it teasingly:confused:

You know, Paradise is in Lancaster County. A lot of home skoolin' there:D

Congratulations Curtis for the permit. (I assume driving). Be safe!

John Shuk
03-12-2009, 7:06 PM
Good luck and listen to the advice you get from the safety courses.

Greg Peterson
03-13-2009, 2:05 PM

Irony is not against the TOS. Couldn't help but chuckle.

Rod Sheridan
03-13-2009, 2:07 PM

LOL, you posted what I was thinking as I read the OP.......Rod.:D

Belinda Barfield
03-14-2009, 9:13 AM
I'm a little late to the party Curtis, so I'm just going to say Congratulations since I know you passed. I've written a reminder to myself not to drive to PA any time soon. Let me know when you think it's safe for me to hit the roads there. (Just kidding). Hey, now you can drive to the prom. Be careful!

BTW Matt, Curtis still has a couple of years to perfect his writing skills.

Leigh Costello
03-14-2009, 10:04 PM
Just keep both hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road, and a rolling stop is illegal. Be safe, new driver. :D

Burt Alcantara
03-15-2009, 2:30 PM
...i couldnt beleive how many people there couldnt speak english

Every sit at a desk when people are taking their "written" DMV exam? Talk about scary. Can't read, can't speak the language...and they all pass...with the help of their "translator."

Burt

Andrew Derhammer
03-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Make that 2 creekers in PA with permits to watch out for! The driving part is not that hard, I find it hard to know what's happening around me at all times.

Andrew, On the road since February 25, 2009

Greg Peterson
03-15-2009, 11:59 PM
Every sit at a desk when people are taking their "written" DMV exam? Talk about scary. Can't read, can't speak the language...and they all pass...with the help of their "translator."

Burt

More irony. It's almost priceless.

David Weiser
03-16-2009, 12:06 AM
Oh man, I remember when I got my permit in Georgia, I failed the test the first time. That written test was so dumb. I got my license a year later, then I moved here to Oregon. Had to take their permit test to get my license transferred here to Oregon, man was that thing easy. I was actually amused at how easy it was...

curtis rosche
03-16-2009, 9:57 AM
my mom teacher at a local high school, she said one of her students came in and said "i got my permit and i drive good, my mom just says i just need to learn to stay on my own side of the road"

after i drove, they told me the only problem i had was that i dont pull up to intersections far enough, im always afraid i would be to far out and get hit. i also found the sport version of the Focus can go fast.

Matt Bickford
03-16-2009, 11:25 AM
I saw The Amazing Race last night for maybe the 3rd time ever. I don't know what country they were in. I do know that nobody spoke the language. There were no accidents. They were all lost, but there were no accidents.

Is English even necessary to drive? I don't think it is. It might be necessary to get where you're going, but that's about it. My 3 year old child knows what a stop sign is AND what it means. He also knows that green means go and red means stop. He will even tell me when the red light I'm sitting at changes. I could teach him what a yield sign is by dinner tonight and I work until 5pm. Street signs seem to be pretty self-explanatory. I have no more confidence in an English speaking driver than I have in a non-English speaking driver. Now old people on the other hand...

Greg Peterson
03-16-2009, 12:09 PM
Is English even necessary to drive? I don't think it is. It might be necessary to get where you're going, but that's about it.

I see plenty of people that have little business being on the road, and they look like they are very fluent in English.

I think the relaxed requirements for obtaining a drivers license brings out the inner Archie Bunker in some folks.

Matt Bickford
03-16-2009, 1:30 PM
"I think the relaxed requirements for obtaining a drivers license brings out the inner Archie Bunker in some folks." -Greg Peterson

Greg,

Exactly. All I do is write one sentence that contains nothing that could even be construed as opinion. It's followed immediately by a person that is either attacking Curtis' hometown schooling or his mother's "home skoolin'...:D". One is an attack and one is not, one has a smiley face and one does not. Which gets criticized? The factual statement with no smiley face vs. the personal attack with a smiley face.

To continue the hypocrisy I will now state my opinion: I believe there are a few Archie Bunkers in this conversation and they're not getting flagged because there's a sufficient amount of smiley faces.

Andrew Derhammer
03-16-2009, 3:51 PM
I saw The Amazing Race last night for maybe the 3rd time ever. I don't know what country they were in. I do know that nobody spoke the language. There were no accidents. They were all lost, but there were no accidents.

Is English even necessary to drive? I don't think it is. It might be necessary to get where you're going, but that's about it. My 3 year old child knows what a stop sign is AND what it means. He also knows that green means go and red means stop. He will even tell me when the red light I'm sitting at changes. I could teach him what a yield sign is by dinner tonight and I work until 5pm. Street signs seem to be pretty self-explanatory. I have no more confidence in an English speaking driver than I have in a non-English speaking driver. Now old people on the other hand...
Sad part is probably 50% of drivers today don't have a clue as to what yield means.

Matt Bickford
03-16-2009, 4:28 PM
Let alone a yellow light. Most people's initial reaction to a yellow light is 'if I step on the gas, can I make it?' the initial reaction to a yellow is supposed to be 'can I stop safely in time?'

Every single time a light turns red in Philadelphia at least one car runs it, usually 3.

Chris Padilla
03-16-2009, 4:46 PM
Yellow light = speed up

;)

There was some joke I heard about everyone eventually stopping at green lights and going through red lights....

Karl Brogger
03-16-2009, 8:00 PM
Sad part is probably 50% of drivers today don't have a clue as to what yield means.

My personal favorite is when approaching an intersection with a stop sign in all directions. I want to turn left, the on coming car wishes to go straight. What do they do? Wait for me to turn in front of them. So now what I do is pull out into the intersection and wait, for whatever length of time is required, for them to get going. Cracks me up when I get to sit there blocking traffic while attempting to force teach the right of way rules to other drivers.

edit- Curtis: Remember, never drink and drive. Do your drinking first and get it out of the way. Then go driving. [tounge in cheek]

Tim Morton
03-16-2009, 8:11 PM
I love that there are 2 completely separate conversations going on here....:p

Greg Peterson
03-17-2009, 2:36 PM
There are more than two topics being covered in this thread, but whose counting?:)

curtis rosche
03-17-2009, 3:22 PM
just throwin this out there, what matt said didnt offend me. i thought it was kinda funny, because soemtimes i dont even realize what i type.

and im not "home skoolin" not a country hick by anymeans. more cultured than alot of people.

Karl Brogger
03-17-2009, 8:06 PM
So now you have something against the country hicks?:p

Matt Bickford
03-18-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm glad it didn't offend you because it certainly wasn't meant to offend.

When I was in high school and getting my driver's license I remember hearing on the radio about a girl across the river who hit a pedestrian while taking her test...twice. She didn't pass either of those two times, but still got it on her 3rd attempt. I figured that if she could get it than I could.

curtis rosche
03-18-2009, 3:20 PM
there are some people they shouldnt let drive.

nothin against hicks

Jon Knauft
03-20-2009, 9:37 PM
Last year I was at the DMV to renew my license. The person in front of me was confused by the eye test and couldn't see any of the symbols in the machine they use for the vision test. The person behind the counter finally told them to get a sign-off from their eye doctor and then they could drive. Yikes!! :eek: