PDA

View Full Version : Needed a fix

Mike Golka
03-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I haven't been able to turn anything for about 3 weeks :mad:. Doing some F work, a toy box for my grand daughter. Tonight I said to heck with it and just played on the lathe for a couple hr. Nothing fancy, just a chunk of timber I got from work and turned into a lot of dust and this little vase. 7" tall and about 4.5" dia. Some kind of pine I think, very soft but it was turning :D

Dewey Torres
03-11-2009, 11:53 PM
Go for it Mike!

I have found that I still like FW but I turn while I am waiting for glue to dry of if I fall out of love for a project I head for the lathe. I like the idea of keeping my FW skills sharp but turning for me is therapeutic!

Steve Schlumpf
03-12-2009, 7:07 AM
Nice little vase Mike! Looks like you did a pretty good job with no tear-out that I can see! Great practice! I imagine it must be pretty hard to do f-work when you have that new lathe sitting there - begging to be used!

Hope your granddaughter's toy box gets finished soon and you can get back on the lathe full time!

Mike Golka
03-12-2009, 9:01 AM
Dewey, I too enjoy FW but rarely go that long without a little turning. And yes Steve it was all I could do to resist the call of the mayo. Haven't had much time in the shop the last few weekends either:mad:, the grand kids have been over and one has to have his priorities straight, right?:D Amazing how therapeutic that little vase was though.:D

Bernie Weishapl
03-12-2009, 9:02 AM
Great looking vase Mike. I have been in between turning also. Had a rocking horse and wooden wagon to build. Great fun seeing the look on my grandson's face.