PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid R4511-Granite top TS hybrid

Kev Godwin
03-11-2009, 9:08 PM
I checked my local HD today to see if the new granite top hybrid was in yet, but the manager said he didn't know when they would get it.

Has anyone had a chance yet to look at this hybrid that is said to cost $600.?
Kev

Rick Cicciarelli
03-11-2009, 9:28 PM
I've seen it sitting in the box, but I too am waiting to see one set up to check it out closer....

Greg Cuetara
03-11-2009, 9:33 PM
I got a chance to see one up here in Maine. Not a bad looking machine for $599 plus tax. The granite top looked very nice. Probably not a machine to last 50 years but what is at $599. It looked like the door underneath was bolted in so I could not get a really good look at how everything went together. If it is easy to make adjustments it could be a very nice saw.

Anyone actually use one?

Steve Rozmiarek
03-11-2009, 9:47 PM
My brother just bought one today actually. Looking forward to a testing session soon! He loves it so far, but he is upgrading from the oldest junkiest Craftsman that I've ever seen anyone actually use. He has had switch issues already, which he says he fixed himself... not sure what that entailed.

Dick Strauss
03-11-2009, 11:49 PM
I saw the Ridgid granite TS today that was not quite put together...it must have just come in. The granite top looked quite substantial but the person doing the assembly was a little off with center to wing alignment. The table looked nice except that it seemed a little small and the granite corner was already chipped on the floor model. I also noticed it uses a non-std "T" mitre slot. It may take either a "T" or rectangular miter...I'm not sure of the slot dimensions.

Here's more info for thise interested:
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/R4511-Table-Saw/EN/index.htm

I have no connection to HD or Ridgid.

Pete Shermet
03-12-2009, 6:00 AM
I went to the Canadian Workshop Show in Toronto at the beginning of the month and to tell you the truth I'm not impressed with granite tops on any tool, The Steel City display had one of their units and the mitre slot was all chipped at the the front edge, while thay may be true and don't rust, if you drop something on it, the top is not as forgiving as cast iron.
I'm not sold on them!
My $.02
Best Regards
Pete

Tom Adger
03-12-2009, 7:11 AM
My local HD does not set up display Ridgid tools. Just pretty pictures. That's not a good way to sell merchandise.