PDA

View Full Version : Extra Tailstock???

Dick Strauss
03-11-2009, 3:26 PM
I recently picked up an older Vega 24" bowl lathe. Vega didn't include a tailstock at the time of manufacture (their modern 24" lathe is a little different...I checked). I want to add a tailstock so that I have mounting options other than faceplates or gluing sacrifical blanks on prior to roughing. I have the option of using my current tailstock from my Delta 1440 with a riser block system though I'd prefer to have a dedicated tailstock for my new toy...er tool that is.

I'm hoping that someone has a tailstock that got chipped in shipping, etc, that the manufacturer didn't want back. I'm willing to pay for it but I just don't want to pay the new price. I looked at the PM4224 tailstock but $500 is more than I want to spend. Does anyone have an extra tailstock due to warranty/shipping issues from a Jet1642/PM3520, etc? If not, do you have any ideas where I might look for something reasonable other than CL or ebay?

Thanks in advance,
Dick

Bob Haverstock
03-11-2009, 4:21 PM
Dick,

When you exclude ebay and cl you are narrowing the hunt. In years past, I have delt with Sobel Machinery in New Jersey. I hope that they are still in bussiness. Sobel has a good reputation with me. They buy and dismantle machine tools. I would think that they would have several tailstock assemblies to choose from. I think the address was Gerry Av. Closter, N.J. Happy Hunting.

Bob

Frank Kobilsek
03-11-2009, 4:36 PM
Dick
PM sent
Frank