PDA

View Full Version : Micro-fiber pillow

Michael Doyle
03-11-2009, 2:58 PM
In a recent post about fleece, someone mentioned a pillow project on the Epilog site. It looked interesting enough to make me run down to Kohl's to get a couple of pillows.
I ran with the settings mentioned - 100 speed and 20 power - no mention was made of dpi so I ran at 600.
I tried several things to flatten the pillow surfce, but finally threw in the towel and just ran it. the leading edge was out of focus and barely engraved. I selected the top portion of the image, raised the pillow, and ran a second pass of just the light area.
I think most of the issues could be easily overcome to make it practical.
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s294/selyod/Pillow1k-1.jpg

Dan Hintz
03-11-2009, 3:04 PM
Looks great, Michael. It would help people understand your settings and reapply them to their machine if you would post your specific machine make, model, and power in your signature.

Joe Pelonio
03-11-2009, 3:05 PM
That came out surprisingly well for not having it flat!

With my quilter wife here I think I would have had her unhem it, take out the stuffing, then sew it back up after.

Michael Doyle
03-11-2009, 3:08 PM
C'mon Dan, we don't want to make it too easy no do we?

45 Watt Epilog Helix

Frank Corker
03-11-2009, 3:47 PM
Could only be an Epilog! Excellent job

Gary Hair
03-11-2009, 6:00 PM
Looks great, Michael. It would help people understand your settings and reapply them to their machine if you would post your specific machine make, model, and power in your signature.

His profile shows that he has a 45 watt epilog Helix - don't know the speed though...

Scott Shepherd
03-11-2009, 6:04 PM
Could only be an Epilog!

Why, because it's a project he couldn't make money from? :D

(yes people, it was a joke......relax :) ) Frank started it :p

Bill Cunningham
03-12-2009, 8:59 PM
It would be simple enough to make a 4 post frame with about 2-3 inches between the top and bottom halves that you could stuff pillow into, and keep the center of it pretty flat.. I got a bunch of these on my boat.. Springs coming and when i pull the tarp off I'll get the pillows and give this a try...