PDA

View Full Version : HoldFast help

Burt Alcantara
03-11-2009, 1:57 PM
Never mind. Resolved.

When I moved my HoldFast to the 3520B, the rod didn't fit because the headstock is much wider. I can't find the manual anywhere. How much rod do I leave as it exits the spindle?

Their web site should be nominated for "Worst on Earth."

Burt

John Peck
03-11-2009, 5:25 PM
Check the web site for holdfast vacuum chucks - www.stickfast.net (http://www.stickfast.net)

Burt Alcantara
03-11-2009, 5:54 PM
John,
When I go that site, nothing comes up except triangular bullets. A few pages do come up but nothing of any use for me.

When I click the Contact Us page, everything is jumbled together. Horrible site.

Burt

Scott Hubl
03-13-2009, 1:53 AM
~Opps I didn't notice you resolved it.~

Their website works Perfectly on my end. Really it is a very easy site and well done.

Sure its not your comuter/settings?

Hope this helps you out until you fix your computer.:p
V802 Vacuum Adapter
The Universal Vacuum Adapter connects the vacuum source to the vacuum chuck head.
The V802 has a unique sealed bearing to greatly reduce the loss of vacuum. Other older style vacuum adapters have unsealed bearings that require high volume, expensive electric motor driven vacuum pumps.
Adapter kit provides an easy method of attaching a vacuum source to any wood turning lathe with a #2MT hollow headstock spindle. It can be used with the V801 Vacuum Chuck Head or other user made fixtures held on a face plate.

Kit Includes:

802-1: Rotary Bearing Adapter, with diaphragm bearing seal
V844: 3/8” Plated steel threaded rod, 18” long
802-3: Locking Spindle Adapter
802-5: Blue vacuum hose, 3/16” ID x 4 ft long

V802 Set Up

Instructions

Insert the V844 Threaded Rod with the 802-1 Bearing Adapter attached into outboard side of head stock through the spindle. Thread the 802-3 Locking Spindle Adapter onto the V844 Threaded Rod seating the 802-3 inside the Morse taper of the spindle and hand tighten by turning the 802-1 bearing adapter until firm. The taper on the 802-1 adapter will center the rod at the end of the spindle.
Cut V844 threaded rod approximately 1/2" past the 802-3 Locking Spindle Adapter. Deburr the threads with a file or wire brush. Note: If the V844 Threaded Rod is removed from the 802-1 Rotary Bearing Adapter re-Teflon tape the rod end.
Slip the 802-5 Vacuum Hose onto the 802-1 hose barb. Slip the other end on the V810 Generator Vacuum Filter 3/16” hose barb or to other vacuum source; clamps should not be necessary.
Note: If not using included vacuum hose do not press a larger vacuum hose against Bearing seal - “Leave Gap” to keep from damaging Bearing seal.
Replace 802-2 Black Diaphragm Bearing Seal if worn, torn or punctured. Note: If damaged their will be a significant vacuum leak.

Warnings and Cautions

Warning:
Before turning vacuum off insure the lathe has stopped completely or part will fly off.
Caution:
As with any lathe chucking system use caution as you shape your project. Projects may fly off the chuck unexpectedly. Wear eye protection and use all safety features applicable to the wood lathe and vacuum chuck in use.
Caution:
Do not use if damaged in any way.

http://tmiproducts.net/V802%20set_up.htm

Burt Alcantara
03-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Scott,
Thanks for those instructions. I guessed at the overhang and got it about right.

I use FireFox 3.0.6 on Linux. I've never been able to see anything more then the video and some basic uninformative pages. This is the only web site I have a problem with.

Oh well..

Burt