PDA

View Full Version : Terrell Owens in Buffalo

Mark Placek
03-10-2009, 8:12 PM
For 20 years now I've had Buffalo Bills season tickets.
Is this a good move or a bad one for the Bills.

I guess being a Bills fan gave me the time to turn bowls..
What else is there to do in January and February.

Comments always welcome.

Paul Ryan
03-10-2009, 8:42 PM
Thank the good lord the vikings didn't sign him. All I heard on the radio for a few days was how he might work out here. I was scared ####less. He is a cancer and is nothing but bad news.

Tim Morton
03-10-2009, 8:43 PM
Its hard to say, he is a VERY talented reciever....i guess it depends on how many times they throw him the ball. We went thru something similar wit hthe pats and randy moss. That worked out GREAT...and now the celtics are giving stephan marbury a try...so far so good. On the other hand there is manny ramirez....so you can't win em all:D

jerry nazard
03-10-2009, 8:43 PM
Hello Mark!

I was enjoying TO so much in Dallas. It was a perfect situation. If he could have stayed even just one more year, it would have been so wonderful. To (that's "to") make matters worse, Pacman Jones will not be returning to the Cowboys, either. What a shame.

But on the bright side, TO's still got plenty of spunk and a few more good years left to mess things up for another team. Sorry it had to be the Bills.

-Jerry (a Redskins fan)

Rick Moyer
03-10-2009, 9:35 PM
Thank the good lord the vikings didn't sign him. All I heard on the radio for a few days was how he might work out here. I was scared ####less. He is a cancer and is nothing but bad news.
Maybe HE could play QB!? I've been a Vikes fan since the early 70's and it's largely been disappointing lately. Can't they get anybody to run that offense better that Tavaris and a host of has beens? One of these days I'll come to my senses and jump on the Steeler bandwagon if things don't improve.
btw, how many drops will T.O. have when it cold and snowing in Buffalo:eek:.

Dewey Torres
03-10-2009, 9:37 PM
As others have sated I think it will be a curse for Bills fans!

Brian Effinger
03-10-2009, 9:44 PM
When I saw that on the news the other day the first words out of my mouth were, "You've got to be kidding!" He is definitely a talented receiver, and the team definitely needs help... just not that kind of help.
With the attitude this guy has, he has no right to be in football or the public eye. Hopefully it is just one season and he's gone. A sad day for Buffalo if we've got to resort to this kind of guy.

Tom Henry
03-10-2009, 9:45 PM
Coming from an Eagles fan from the Philly area...Bill's fans...this is a sad day for all of you!

Mark Placek
03-10-2009, 9:46 PM
As others have stated I think it will be a curse for Bills fans!

T.O.'s first year with a new team, historically has been his best.
I guess that is why we (the Bills) only signed him to a 1 year contract.

Here's a link to a funny Youtube T.O. video clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okhiJjuefPw).

Rob Bodenschatz
03-10-2009, 10:10 PM
All the TO haters should remember that he is usually on his best behavior and is most productive his first year with a team (or, at SF, first year without Rice). This was a one year rental for the Bills. He'll help them this year, then he'll turn bad. Thing is, will he win them a Super Bowl? Probably not. At least it won't be boring up there.

Personally, I hope he plays forever. You all know that once he retires, we'll be subjected to him every week on ESPN or FOX.

Brian Effinger
03-10-2009, 10:24 PM
Personally, I hope he plays forever. You all know that once he retires, we'll be subjected to him every week on ESPN or FOX.

I second that one! :)

Jacob Mac
03-10-2009, 10:36 PM
All the TO haters should remember that he is usually on his best behavior and is most productive his first year with a team (or, at SF, first year without Rice). This was a one year rental for the Bills. He'll help them this year, then he'll turn bad. Thing is, will he win them a Super Bowl? Probably not. At least it won't be boring up there.

Good point. And honestly I don't understand all the hatred towards TO. TO is annoying and childish, but just off the top of my head:

Rae Carruth killed his wife and child;

Ray Lewis, at the very least, obstructed justice on a double murder investigation;

Jamal Lewis funded a big cocaine deal;

Shawne Merriman tested positive for steroids;

Randy Moss was cited for smoking marijuana while hitting a cop with his car;

Marshawn Lynch has pending charges for having a gun illegally in California after just resolving a hit and run charge;

Plaxico Burress shot himself in the leg and endangered countless others because of his negligence;

Pacman Jones... nuff' said;

Larry Johnson uses women as punching bags;

Tank Johnson has been arrested numerous times for gun violations;

Matt Jones just had his probation revoked (from cocaine charges) because he testeed positive for an illegal substance;

Chris Henry... nuff' said.

I honestly think I could go on for about another two pages. My point is that I think the vitriol should be saved for other, more deserving, players. TO is just annoying and selfish, not a blight on society.

Greg Peterson
03-10-2009, 10:43 PM
Hmm, lets see. Marvin Harrison or TO?

Harrsion, ever the consummate professional, runs his routes with great precision, makes great catches.

TO, ever the consummate athlete, was able to outperform defenses and make nice catches.

TO's track record speaks for itself. Is there a franchise he hasn't burned? Bill's were smart to limit their exposure to one season. I think they'll get a good seven or eight games out of him, but that's about it. If he gets mouthy I can see the team just waiving him.

Oh, and I am soooooo relieved. I was worried that the Packers would try to bring him in.

jerry nazard
03-10-2009, 10:46 PM
Jacob,

Nice list... toss in Michael Vick and you have a whole team....<gr>

Jacob Mac
03-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Hmm, lets see. Marvin Harrison or TO?

Harrsion, ever the consummate professional, runs his routes with great precision, makes great catches.

TO, ever the consummate athlete, was able to outperform defenses and make nice catches.

TO's track record speaks for itself. Is there a franchise he hasn't burned? Bill's were smart to limit their exposure to one season. I think they'll get a good seven or eight games out of him, but that's about it. If he gets mouthy I can see the team just waiving him.

Oh, and I am soooooo relieved. I was worried that the Packers would try to bring him in.

Greg:

Ted Thompson rarely brings in any FA, so don't worry about that. But the Packers did sign Koren Robinson two years ago, he of the 100 mph high speed chase and the subsequent DUI arrest. So, while TO is annoying, he is hardly the danger that Koren Robinson has been in the past.

Also, there is a distinct possibility that Marvin Harrison shot a man last year. At the very least, a man was shot with Marvin Harrison's gun. But that is a bizarre story that has played out in a weird fashion. I am not sure we will ever find out the truth about what really happened.

Either way, TO is a pain, but he shouldn't be cast as the ultimate pariah that the media portrays him to be.

Greg Peterson
03-11-2009, 11:13 AM
The Robinson signing was a strange one indeed.

TO is every bit the pariah the media makes him out to be for one reason: TO needs to be in the spotlight so he does whatever he has to do in order to garner the attention. There is no bad press for TO.