PDA

View Full Version : question for those of you who have treadmills

curtis rosche
03-10-2009, 9:33 AM
can you do me a favor and take a look at your treadmill and figure out what the part number of the upper control unit is? the part that has the speed control knob? if you could do this it would be a big help, i need to find out what this part is so i can order one to go with the motor i got.
some of these parts are universal, and once i can find out what they are called then i chould be able to find the one that i need
thanks

David G Baker
03-10-2009, 11:27 AM
Curtis,
I have had two treadmills and both have had membrane push buttons instead of knobs. I think the motors were DC motors as well.

curtis rosche
03-10-2009, 1:25 PM
yeah, i have the dc motor, can you look in the manual and find out what the replacement part is called to replace the speed unit?

David G Baker
03-10-2009, 1:53 PM
I bought my latest treadmill used so I don't have any paper work, but will try to see if I can find the model on line and search for a parts manual.
You may be able to search Sears online for a manual because Sears has been great at providing excellent parts manuals for their products.

David G Baker
03-10-2009, 2:02 PM
Curtis,
Check out Treadmill Doctor's Internet site, they seem to have all kinds of parts for different treadmills, listed by model name or part numbers.
The only thing I was able to come up with for my treadmill was a motor controller board with or without transformer.
UPDATE:
My treadmill is a Proform 480 PI there is a manual on the Internet. The part is called a speed potentiometer. The unit was sold by Sears.

Jim Becker
03-10-2009, 6:42 PM
There is no speed control "knob" on our treadmill...it's all electronic.

curtis rosche
03-11-2009, 8:58 AM
what is the name of the speed control panel thing? i have the board that makes it variable speed, but i dont have the unit that give it input, the way to select the speed, what is the replacement part for that?

curtis rosche
03-11-2009, 9:33 AM
i found what the part is. http://www.thewarfields.com/cnccookbook/MTLatheDCMotor.htm

this guy did the same to his lathe.

but i need a bigger DC speed controller

the motor is 21.4 amps, 2.65 PEAK HP , 1.5 cont. duty @95v DC