PDA

View Full Version : Fleece

Kevin Baker
03-10-2009, 4:35 AM
Hi Everyone..

Anyone "engraved" fleece yet??? I need a quick turnaround for a lady at church and don't have time today or tomorrow to go down the trial and error road....

Thanks,
Kevin

Mike Null
03-10-2009, 6:00 AM
I haven't done it but I have seen pictures and it looks just fine. I would ease into the settings as I haven't any idea what they are.

Here's a place that does it.

printablepromotions.com

Steve Clarkson
03-10-2009, 6:28 AM
I did a few fleece things for fun.....it's pretty similar to microfiber.....so check out the microfiber pillow project on Epilog's sample club.

Doug Bergstrom
03-10-2009, 6:44 AM
we have done it and it looks great. Get some practice material first because settings are very important. If you go too deep you will cut right through.

Frank Corker
03-10-2009, 7:01 AM
For an Epilog 45 watt the microfibre material was engraved
Raster Speed: 100%
Raster Power: 20%
I would suggest that you try it at that first. Ususally there are pockets in a fleece, turn it inside out and engrave that, might save you an awful lot of time, worst that might happen if you do this is that you will be 'out of pocket' :rolleyes:

Joe Pelonio
03-10-2009, 7:01 AM
I too have done fleece, it comes out great but experiment with a sample from the fabric store first to get the settings right.

Kevin Baker
03-10-2009, 8:39 AM
Thanks everyone... at least I know it's been done before... hate trying to engrave something only to discover it can't be done.

:)

Kevin

Tracey Bakewell
02-19-2010, 1:55 PM
I just found this thread, I just did some testing on fleece, I two different types of fleece. The first one my settings for a 50 watt laser were:

power: 5
speed: 28
ppi: 300
dpi: 6(max)

BUT it was too much for the other fleece, so it definitely needs testing on each type of fabric!

Tania Duper
02-20-2010, 4:05 AM
Do those of you with experience recommend wetting the material first?

Andrea Weissenseel
02-20-2010, 5:47 AM
I've also lasered fleece and it works real good - I do not wet it

Here is a sample of the outline on different fabrics