PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Welcome Sign

Peter Meacham
03-09-2009, 7:58 PM
Does anyone have a vector of the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign pls?

Frank Corker
03-10-2009, 4:34 AM
Try this one Peter, I have converted it for you to the best eps format I can get. I hope it's the right one.

Peter Meacham
03-10-2009, 7:28 AM
That's it Frank - thanks very much - I notice the sign has a couple of outer light bulbs missing - a sign (pun intended) of the times, I guess.

Thanks again Frank.

Steve Clarkson
03-11-2009, 8:46 AM
Try this one Peter, I have converted it for you to the best eps format I can get. I hope it's the right one.

First.....excellent job Frank.

Second......here's a stupid question (remember, only questions that aren't asked are stupid......or something like that)........the EPS file is in full color and looks great......but my Epilog only engraves shades of black (right?).....so how do I convert an EPS to greyscale (I know how to ungroup and change the color on each closed path.....but there MUST be a different way!)........or will a full color EPS engrave like a greyscale?

Frank Corker
03-11-2009, 8:57 AM
Your laser won't know the difference. It only sees shades of grey. It would engrave fine.

George Brown
03-11-2009, 8:59 AM
Frank, which software did you use for the conversion? It really did a superb job.

Steve Clarkson
03-11-2009, 9:05 AM
Thanks Frank....I'll give it a shot.

Oh......and George is waiting for an answer............of course, the question has only been asked 200 times and we're ALL still waiting for the answer!

Frank Corker
03-11-2009, 9:15 AM
.... It really did a superb job.

I know and I'd have to kill you or you might find the answer here http://www.world-mysteries.com/

Steve Clarkson
03-12-2009, 7:16 AM
Your laser won't know the difference. It only sees shades of grey. It would engrave fine.

I tried it and it didn't engrave that well.....not sure exactly why.....but it doesn't really matter, I didn't need that specific graphic.

But I DID learn how to convert a colored vector to greyscale......use the Find & Replace option.....color palette.....but you need to do it twice, once for outlines and once for fills. Also, make sure it's the only item on your page, since it will convert EVERYTHING!