PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera help

Doug Jones
07-17-2004, 4:38 PM
I have a Sony Mavica MVC-FD90. If anyone knows anything about this camera and can help, I'd sure appreciate some advise. All my indoors pictures are dark????? And for you with the obvious question, yes the lens cap is off. Even with the flash I still have to go and enhance the pictures brightness. My outdoor pictures are fine. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Doug

Jim DeLaney
07-17-2004, 5:59 PM
Either the flash is getting weak - maybe the capacitors that fire it aren't getting fully charged any more - or the flash is slightly out of synch with the shutter.

Hardly any way to economically repair either malady. You might soon be in the market for a new camera...

Jamie Buxton
07-18-2004, 10:11 AM
I have a Sony Mavica MVC-FD90. If anyone knows anything about this camera and can help, I'd sure appreciate some advise. All my indoors pictures are dark????? And for you with the obvious question, yes the lens cap is off. Even with the flash I still have to go and enhance the pictures brightness. My outdoor pictures are fine. Any suggestions?
Thanks, Doug

First question: Has the camera ever worked right? If it once worked correctly, what have you changed?

Further thought... On that camera, there are several ways to control the flash, and you may have gotten something loused up. Read your instruction manual about:
1) Adjusting the exposure (pg 40)
2) Adjusting the white balance (pg 40)
3) Defeating the flash entirely (pg 19)
4) Adjusting the flash level (pg 33)

Doug Jones
07-18-2004, 10:30 AM
First question: Has the camera ever worked right? If it once worked correctly, what have you changed?

Jamie, it did work just fine at one time, and I wish I could remember the settings that I changed but I can't. I just need to get it back to the factory settings and go from there. Thanks to all that replied.

John Miliunas
07-18-2004, 10:56 AM
Doug, just as an aside, the flash tubes do eventually weaken with use. Sad, but true. If the bulk of your camera use has been indoors w/flash, that's always a possibility. Hopefully, it is just a messed up setting. :cool: